Question about syringes

Since it is less than a month away from my Medicare start day of 5/1, would be difficult to undo the Humana deal and have time for me to study that plan in detail, make sure all the providers are lined up,etc. My situation is maybe a tad more complicated than some. I have been looking at what to do since early last fall. It has been trying to look at the options for Medicare Advantage medical plans and Part D plans. I just found out after about 7-8 months of looking at a bunch of plans that one cannot take one companies Medicare Advantage plan for medical only and another companies stand alone drug plan. That actually would be best at those I looked at,but cannot do that if the company has both health and RX plans. such as Humana does.
I have several other health issues besides diabetes so I take 10 meds and currently see 8 different providers. On top of all that, I am very close to deaf in both ears and rely on a closed caption phone service. I had surgery last July to remove a cancerous bladder tumor and will be taking what is called BCG treatments through the end of this yr if no tumors come back. A cysto is done after each series of treatments to look into my bladder. The cystos will be done at least annually as long as I live. Cataracts are rapidly developing too. And I am only 55. I would rather have something other than health issues keep me busy!!!

David

David:

Your pharmacist would be able to help you with that. They know a lot!

Lois La Rose
Milwaukee, WI

Thank you Lois,happy Easter to you!
David

Emma, thanks a bunch

David

In answer to your question, all syringes in the United States are used with U100 insulin and there are 1/2 ml. syringes with the same size needles. They hold up to 50 units so you would be able to adjust your doses comfortably. Hope this helps.

Thanls Donna

Here’s the rule of thumb to use for insulin syringe size: your highest dose plus 10. If you are undergoing frequent dosage changes, you may need to allow more margin.

Here’s a helpful syringe-size chart:
7580-57.pdf (95.5 KB)