Questions about Omnipod and upgrading to it

I currently have a ping and have for about 2 years, but recently I have been having issues and I am thinking anomnipod might be a better fit. Does anyone know anything about their “upgrade” program? I haven’t called yet cause they don’t open till later today, but it says on their website that you can upgrade to the Omnipod from your tubed pump at a discounted rate? Anyone done this or know how it works?

2nd question, does the Omnipod have the ability to let you input your blood glucose from another source into the PDM? Is it possible to bolts without a b/number? I know I’m not “supposed to” but CAN I or does it require one to bolts?

Finally, does the pod vibrate or beep to let you know it is bolusing?

Please join our Omnipod Group
http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/omnipodusers

even if you decide not to get it. There's a lot of quicklinks on the Group's page.

Don't know about the upgrade discount.

does the Omnipod have the ability to let you input your blood glucose from another source into the PDM? Is it possible to bolts without a b/number?

Yes and Yes. Unfortunately my insurance will not pay for the Freestyle test-strips so I am forced to use another meter to test (One Touch Ultra Mini). I just have to remember to enter that into the PDM every time but it is possible. As far as a bolus without a bloodsugar, there really isn't anything that prevents giving a bolus without a glucose number. There are a few warning screens but it is also possible.

<!-- Jared -->
iD-Cal v3.2