Ready to give up

This is interesting, I occasionally test on a non-diabetic (recently tested as non-D) at the same time I test just to see how my readings compare and after some meals she is about the same as I am. In one instance I was a 7.8 and she was a 7.6. (other times she is waaaaay lower than I am)

Probably a good idea for me to strive for lower numbers even at the peak as you suggest.
Your goal, and others who I see do the same as you, seems to be to always have low amounts at ALL times. Where I was told it’s important just to have low levels after your body has had a chance to deal with it. Your way seems to make a lot more sense.

You hit the nail right on the head. Way too much confusion.

Thanks for the information and the suggestion. I guess we never get too old to just take a time-out when things get too stressful.

Simple and to the point.

Thanks for the comment. The nutritionist was I guess good as a starting point, but you people seem to have better information and suggestions.

Hi Cheri.

I was actually told to only test 2 days a week (I still do extras when I am more concerned about a particular meal that I think may have pushed it higher than normal). And to be honest I could not afford to test 8-12 times a day.

Thanks for the info and the web site address. I’ll be sure to check it out

Yes some is always better than none at all. Once I use all the strips on that new meter I will be putting it away and not using it. As for not driving myself crazy… well it would be a pretty short drive anyway :wink:

Thanks for the comment.

lol Very good point. I am not sure why I figured 7.9 would be fine and 8.0 or 8.1 would be bad.

Yes possibly too many starches, but I have not found a good way to cut them out totally yet. At lunch I will still sometimes have a sandwich, but it’s just one instead of 2 or more as I used to have. I appreciate all of you people who have been through this a lot longer and understand when a person has to vent and let out some of the frustration. After reading some of the other threads here, and my own tests on other people, it seems that a lot of non-diabetics go higher than 6.9 after a meal.

I wonder if there is such a thing as a pancreas massage to get things working properly again :wink: