Roll Call! Where's everyone from!?! Just a little fun! šŸŒ

I walked all over the city of York (love the ancient walls!) in the two weeks prior to my DKA hospitalization at home. Probably saved my life! I didnā€™t even wonder why I was so thirsty 'cos it was so hot. :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Also - Yorkshire Puddings (mmmmmmā€¦) ā€¦with roast lambā€¦ and gravy.

3 Likes

Victoria, B.C (two hours away from Nanaimo Bars) on Vancouver Island in Canada the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

1 Like

Gā€™day. Thatā€™s a hint :slight_smile: ā€¦this is Home In Pottsville

I only drop in here every other year, but I may hang around a little longer this time. The type 2 forum doesnā€™t seem to be very active. Only 4 posts today. Or am I doing something wrong in the way Iā€™m viewing it?

2 Likes

It is good to see you @Alan_S. We need more type 2 members to be active. Please help us with discussions!!!

Georgia girl most of my life.
Born in Lake Charles, LA, and lived in Chehalis, WA for about 3 years as a kid.

Not a ton of southerners on hereā€“but I did see one GA peach, an Alabama, a couple Louisiana folks, and a Texas.

@Crystal621 - beautiful pic! Love to hike and campā€¦so many awesome places for that in the North GA mountains!

1 Like

I was born and grew up in Tacoma, WA, with Mount Rainier just 30 miles awayā€“Mount Rainier in my backyard. When I was a child, it was known as ā€œMount Tahomaā€, so named by the Indians and meaning the ā€œMountain that is Godā€. Seattle is just 30 miles away from Tacomaā€“there in Seattle, I met and married my husband (we were at the university of Washington.) Our 63rd wedding anniversary is in December.

3 Likes

Oh, Trudy, that is a lovely story. And I love the name of your Mountain that is God.

1 Like

Thank you, Maureen. the mountain has always seemed a bit magical to me, despite or maybe because it is a volcano. Goodness, what a problem if it erupted! I have climbed up as far as the glacier. My brother (a different time) climbed much closer to the top, but had to turn round when he lost a glove. Mount Rainer rises from sea level, which is a real challenge for oneā€™s lungs. We loved the sight of the mountain when I grew up, never taking it for granted.

1 Like

Hmm. A Huskie. Being a Duck fan, that saddens me. I always thought you were so nice . . .

1 Like

Iā€™ve been in Ohio for quite a long while,makes me a Mudhens fan. Iā€™m still kind of sort of nice, I think!

1 Like

The coldest I have ever been was in Ohio. Columbus, as it happens.

Iā€™m in a suburb of Toledo, in the shadow of Lake Erie. Our weather is a little more temperate than the rest of the state, and we have the most amazing metroparks. Coming from the Northwest, the great metroparks are so important for me (and my husband and dogs).

I grew up in a Chicago suburb and Lake Michigan influenced our view, weather, and identity. Such a contrast between the densely populated downtown metropolis and the wide open expanse of the lake. The lake also offers great drinking water.

Lake Erie is having a bit of an algae problem at this time. Our well water is great, though!

Parks and dogs . . . hmm. A few years back, our town established a rather nice dog park. They let the school kids name it, and the name they settled on was ā€œCentral Barkā€.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a few of us Southern folks around, I live close enough to Nashville that I can almost call it homeā€¦Almost

2 Likes

"The coldest winter I ever spent

Was a summer in San Francisco"

ā€“Mark Twain

2 Likes

My favorite MarkTwain quote!

Then again any quote that mentions the best city in the world (San Francisco) is a favorite quote of mineā€¦

1 Like

I donā€™t get it? It never gets cold in SF particularly not in the summer? Is there some kind of deeper meaning thatā€™s escaping me?