Roll Call! Where's everyone from!?! Just a little fun! 🌏

Jen, just a thought…perhaps liquid Stevia might be able to be used as a substitute for agave nectar.

1 Like

Damp and breezy with fog…

Good idea. I’ve never tried using liquid Stevia. Will have to pick some up!

@Sam19
See @CatLady06

She knows!

I was in SF in late June a very long time ago

It was 45-50 degrees with a very bone chilling wind, and lots of moisture and fog!

So I moved to San Diego. :sunglasses:

Because Northern Cal is VERY different from So Cal

That describes a warm summer day where I live now. Shirtless, shoeless weather.

I lived in the northern Bay Area as a kid (my mom did her residency in Oakland) and I returned there for college…

Not for me!
78 to 84 degrees and blue skies everyday

Oakland is a whole different climate!
East Bay is sheltered and warm. And Dry!

I’ve lived in Alaska for the past 10+ years, worked here for the last baker’s dozen. Made my living sailing across the gulf of Alaska year round the whole time. I have a hard time taking any complaints about San Francisco weather too seriously;)

2 Likes

Trade 'ya for a week?

1 Like

@Sam19

Sounds like Surf’s Up!
I’ll get my wetsuit!

Grew up in Cleveland Ohio. Moved to the North Central Arkansas Ozarks, near the Buffalo National River. Cheap land and mild winters. Still here 42 years later.

Skull Bluff on the Buffalo

No wild buffalo around any more, but there are some of these guys.

7 Likes

I think optimal viewing for an Aussie would be to turn your screen 180 degrees.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. It’s about on the level of what a family friend would do as a practical joke.

He would make custom matchboxes with something inappropriate like

“American Hemp Company (with plants in most cities)” and then have written on the side of the box,

“Invert, then push.”

1 Like

Originally from Maryland, but been here in Pennsylvania for a good handful of years now.

What the ?

That’s not a buffalo?!?!?

Raised in The City by the Bay.

1 Like

Jeez, the ignorance of some people. That’s not a buffalo. It’s an insurance company.

3 Likes

Used to live in Bel Air, Md. Now in Florida.

I remember seeing Mt. Rainier from our kitchen window, and having so much fun playing in the snow! We don’t see much snow in Georgia, maybe a small one every couple of years. We visited Mt. St. Helens too–this was in the 80’s and everything was still covered in volcanic ash. I remember having a “Weedle on the Needle” book, and visiting the space needle in Seattle and looking up to find the Weedle LOL :grinning: I was 4-7 years old when I lived there :wink: I did go back and visit when I was 11.

So many great memories–I hated to leave! It’s absolutely beautiful in that part of the country!!!

3 Likes

+1. I grew up in a desert, and it certainly drew us. We’re never leaving. :relaxed:

2 Likes

We left, but I have reminders everywhere. For instance, I have four handmade NW mugs on my fireplace mantel. Every morning I take one down to drink my Starbuck’s.

3 Likes

My two favorite Mark Twain quotes:

“Golf is a good walk spoiled.”

“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And, suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

3 Likes

I love Mark Twain’s take on the Leatherstocking novels.