Rollercoasters

I knew the first two days were too good to be true…

Okay - so you hit a bump in the road. What did you eat? Was it DP? I got some great advice from onesaint when I first started to figure out the variables so that I can neutralize their effect (always sounded like a video game. lol!).

btw, this is AWESOME for day 4! Good job of monitoring the levels and striving for contol :slight_smile:

ooh! and no lows! woot! woot!

What Danny and Kate said. Why let one spike ruin an otherwise pretty good day? Try to figure out what to do about the spike – is it consistent at that time of day? At any rate, you got it back down without going low! Good job!

Not DP - totally my fault. I NEEDED a mocha cappucino. Usually if I square bolus for it and suck on it over 3-4 hour I’m fine. Gotta tweak that bolus! It’s a learning experience, I just hate it when I have something down pat and it changes. Kind of like raising kids LOL

Day 5 - not awful but I’d love to decimate those peaks. Just normal for me eating/bolusing, under 30 cho each day. SD is 27 and mean BG 100. I’ll take it for now!

If anyone likes stats as I do…

Ha! Maybe that’s cause I posted the wrong jpg?

OK then, it goes there :wink: Still learning the rules of the club, keep teaching Danny!

Hey all, my lines have been all over the place lately! I had trouble with my infusion sites starting on Thursday and going through yesterday. It was like the basal was working but every bolus was inefficient. I was getting blood in the cannula and have HUGE bruises at the sites. Went through 4 pods in less than 48 hours. Needless to say, dex’s alarms and my tear ducts have been getting a work out.

This site seems to be okay. However, lunch was at grandma’s. You never know what you’re going to get there or how much until it’s served to you. haha! So I just bolus and corrected and corrected! But grandma was happy and this is a rather tame rollercoaster, so I call it a good day :slight_smile:

can’t wait for the week to flatten life out…

Ever the positive-minded Danny! :slight_smile: But he has a point, and I need to listen to it too. The fact is that we have diabetes, and it’s not going to go away any time soon, and injected insulin will never function the way pancreatic insulin does. So peaks and valleys are NORMAL for us. I think that we, on this group, function SO much better than the average diabetic out there, but we have a tendency to drive ourselves TOO hard. On the one hand, it’s good that we’re conscientious (notice I didn’t say OCD, LOL!), but on the other hand, we shouldn’t invest too much grief in a less than stellar day. No need to be perfect; good is good enough!!

Hope you enjoyed the day with grandma! :slight_smile:

ahem that would have been brownies a la mode :slight_smile:

thanks guys! This is really a good day, I have no complaints. Let me see if I have a pic of the last couple of days and post it, they were horrible! I would wake up perfect and then eat breakfast (maybe 20g carbs) and hit 300 within 2 hours. No amount of correction would bring it down. No idea how much insulin actually absorbed. No idea how to come down to normal without overshooting. I spent the majority of Saturday afternoon sucking down tabs. I will take the above 24 hours for what they are with a smile :slight_smile:

Gee, wish I could wake up perfect! Slender, young, beautiful, smart, witty, etc.!!! :slight_smile:

okay, so maybe “perfect” wasn’t my best choice of words… thanks for the reminder, Natalie! :slight_smile:

wait a second… Im not not so young anymore, I do fancy myself witty sometimes though. Ill take 4/8th perfect for today. But, tomorrow Im waking with perfect BGs and will be awesome. Something like 5/8th perfect! **Whistles loudly and yells “Bandwagon!” **

Happy Mothers day Natalie!

I think this qualifies as a decent roller coaster (with sub par highs). Set change with lots of lows, rebounding with more junk food than Ive had in ages, naturally leading to highs, lows, highs, etc. Im really waiting for the routine of tomorrow. Thinking that Im dumping keytones and have a total lack of basal requirements as soon as I wake I start dropping. Actually it started last night at 2am, then 6, 9, 11, etc.

Had a great weekend of chasing the toddler all over though, which Im sure didnt help the BGs. I think I ate 40+ skittles today. Time to through those out… High fructose corn syrup sucks for the digestion. It just doesnt work fast enough.

Still if it were the Kraken, I think I controlled her pretty well (sorry, still on the Norse theme).

Well, the good news is it looks like the highs and lows were less dramatic for you in the afternoon and evening. Your lows didn’t go as far and your time “outside the lines” was shorter.

Here’s looking ahead to a work week - Valhalla!

Happy mother’s day! Kids took me to our fabulous chinese/japanese buffet. I wasn’t sure what time we were going… the little peaks and valleys are called ‘waiting’ (drop, pop a few skittles, drop, pop… etc). The peak at noon - can’t remember LOL

Boy did I guess wrong! Did a combo bolus for 60 carbs over 3 hours, ate a lot of protein/fat, and it was great for the first hour. Here I am now at 205, can’t seem to bring it down at all. This is the 2nd time in ages I’ve gone over 40 carbs in a day. I need more practice :slight_smile:

The meal was great!!!

Thanks Kate, Im looking up to a week of pillage, death, and feasts!

Have you ever had a chance to read “The Long Dark Teatime of the Soul?” I think it would be right up your alley.
/

Chuckles!!! :slight_smile: