Rollercoasters

nope, I’ll put it in queue. I need to finish Bernstien, then Water for Elephants (so that I can see the movie with a friend. haha!), then some Douglas Adams… word of warning, I didn’t get far with Hitchhiker’s Guide.

I think this is a great line considering it was a holiday! Hope you had a good time with your kids!

No, Hitchhikers guide huh. You might not enjoy this then. Its a detective who comes across Odin living in a retirement center. Not to spoil too much.

Water for Elephants sounds good. Ill have to look into when I can read for leisure again!

Hitchhiker’s Guide is OK only if you’re willing to accept absolute silliness. There is no great plot, nor stunning characterizations, nor ANY believability. It’s just plain silly.

Its not “Great Expectations” or anything, but it definitely has its place in geekdom.

okay, so I was in high school when my dad strong armed me into reading it. I should give it another chance, but I disliked it on principle (I mean come on, Dad liked it! lol!)

Ohh, why didnt you say so? I didnt even bother to see the Lord of the Rings trilogy because I was strong armed into them by my Dad. I totally understand.

Natalie is right though, if your just looking for something humorous, nothing beat it. Dirk Gently (the book before Long Dark Tea-Time) is much the same writing style although a bit more focused. Just good, quick, fun reads.

Yup it did eventually after 2 boluses. Went to bed at 1am at 144 with a down arrow, woke up at 123. Spiked to 171 an hour after my 13c nut bar with bolus! Changing the set today, so maybe that’ll do it. It’s so tough to bolus 1/2 hour before because by the time I think about eating I’m a hungry hppo!!!

lol! me too with LOTR! I didn’t read them until I saw the first two movies and HAD to know how it ended.

It also goes the other way - my dad refuses to read Harry Potter (grumbles something incoherent about “kids books”). Cracks me up!

Haha! We went to a lovely local museum yesterday for Mother’s Day. The museum had switched out all their incandescent lighting for LED lighting. My nerd curiosity abound and I started asking questions about the different light waves effect on the items on display. Naturally, my Father chimed in and starts interjecting his thoughts on the matter, to which my only thought was “jeez, still getting lectured like I was 10.” LOL

You know, just 2-3 months ago, i would have been very happy with this 24hr rollercoaster lol… but alas, weekends happen, sigh… climbing back on the wagon soon.

Welcome to the crazy woot-ing chimp club, my friend! Good to know that someone else has drank the (sugar-free) kool aid! Next think you know, you’ll be throwing away perfectly good desserts after only one bite :slight_smile:

Ohhh I hate it when I do that. Just am driven to, I guess.

I love the welcome tag line. I think we should ask Danny to have that on the front page too…

“Welcome to the crazy woot-ing chimp club!!”

Ken, that looks like a pretty darn good day of T1 Diabetes as Danny would say. Funny how flatlining is addiction and changes your perspective so.

The GOOD thing about a line like that is that your endo, who is used to seeing a LOT worse, will say, “Keep on doing what you’re doing and see you in 6 months instead of 3.” Saves on the medical bills! :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure Natalie has used that tag line before (or some sort of close variation). She gets the credit, I just plagiarized. lol!

Saw my wonderful CDE today for dexcom training (after 6 days of using it). She just shook her head and smiled, agreed for me to lower my target to 100, and told me I am human after seeing the last couple of days LOL.

The mess last night was the yummy chinese buffet. Today I passed a 5 guys, the turned around and went in :slight_smile: Little bacon burger with lettuce, fried 'shrooms & onions and a tiny schmear of ketchup. 3 hour combo bolus (40/60) for 25 carbs - I took off the top 1/2 of the roll, I’m sooooooooo good :slight_smile: Prob shoulda bolused for 40 sigh.

don’t be hatin’ on the mustard!

Well done jrt! You know they say that practice makes perfect :slight_smile: Glad you’re gettin’ some love from the CDE!

+1 for mustard love!

jrt, It looks like the 5 guys square bulus went well. just needed a bit of an extra bump at the begining. Maybe bolus for 40 total like you said, 25 carbs up front with 15 over those 3 hours (60/40 bolus for 40 carbs). That would probably kill that carb spike. You might even reduce it to 35c with the beginning bolus lightened.

Nice work so far, keep it up!

Mustard on sausagey things like hot dogs. Good mustard. Mustard on burgers? Blech!

Danny, 5 guys has THE best burgers, straight meat with all the free toppings you want. Make sure to get a LITTLE the first time, it’s BIG! Their fries are some of the best I’ve ever had, but their small is humongous. They fill the container then an extra scoop in the bag. Boardwalk style, peanut oil, and they tell you where today’s taters come from sigh. I knew I’d mean to eat 1/2 and eat them all LOL. Next time I’ll go with someone to share… but just the fries, keepa you hands offa my burgah!

Not too unhappy with the results for the first five guys in ages.

Kate, the CDEs and NPs at my endos are totally awesome :wink:

Just THINKING about fries makes my BG go up!!