Rotating clip for ping

Well I am shocked that NO one attempted to get a hold of me, I would have like to been part of the testing phase, Doesn’t matter how many times nor how much money has been spent, they HAVE their favorites and I am now awaiting a call from the regional VP…

I don’t think I would consider myself one of their favorites. I’ve only contacted them about the clip once and then to reorder insets and cartridges a few times. I’m not saying that their selections were random but there is no possible way they would be able to send the clip out to everybody that complained.

When she called, it sounded like the only thing that would exclude any one would be having a government insurance. I didn’t pry into that detail. Not really sure what insurance has to do with it since they weren’t billing for the clip…

considering I have been on the phone with Animas on a weekly basics for the past six months I would have thought they would keep me in the loop of things

Ok, after a few days of wearing this new clip, the one thing I’ve noticed that really bothers me is that the pump now sits much higher on the new clip than it did on the old clip. You can kind of see what I mean on the first pic that I posted. The part that loops around on the new clip is lower relative to where the pump attaches, thus moving the position of the pump higher up. Does that make sense?

I don’t know if this bothers me because I’m used to it being lower, or if it is legitimately in the way. I find I have to keep turning it to different angles for it to be comfortable when I sit, especially in the car…sitting 8 hours at work is no treat either…

Well, don’t throw me under the bus in case I wasn’t supposed to publicly talk about the clip…

No way man, thanks for making it known about the clip, as the people I have talked to at Animas say there is no such thing as a new clip. So with this new clip I can only see a drastic improvement!, heck I would have had no problem if I had to PAY to test this new clip out. I can’t tell you how many times I have snapped a clip, and have to fuss with it EVERYTIME I use a skin…

Well, my fancy new plastic clip broke this afternoon. I was getting into my car and the pump got snagged on the side of the seat and SNAP. Clip’s broke.

bummer…I was wishing that this new clip would be better!

I don’t know if I would want it the other way around, the old clip would not break, just totally bend out of shape, at least with a broken clip you KNOW there is a clip issue, unlike pulling the pump off with the regular clip and noticing the gap in the clip.So Scott are they going to send you another one?

Wow. This is a bit upsetting to hear. We went through way too many (in my opinion) of the old clips but at least they lasted a few months. This new & improved one only lasted you two weeks? Yikes. I can’t imagine how it will hold up with a child using it.
Kudos to Animas for realizing there’s work to be done, but I hope they don’t stop here!

How the #@$% do I get the clip off??? I’m trying out the wireless software upload and can’t get it off…

At the top of the clip is a little “thing” that sticks up. Pull that away from the pump and slide the clip up

I have been wearing the new clip for about 2 weeks now, and my experience does not match Scott’s. One of the things that I do like about the clip is that the clip actually pivots, and there is a small lip on the bottom that will keep in on a belt. In that sense, it is similar to my cell phone holster. I travel frequently for business and when going through security at an airport, I am frequently asked to remove the pump from my belt. I have, on occasion, found the old clip difficult to get onto a thick belt and this one is much easier. In my (very limited) experience it is more secure than the low profile clip. I also like the ability to rotate the pump so that I am not looking at the screen upside down, and I prefer to wear the pump horizontally. All in all, I think the new clip is an improvement - perhaps not the final and most optimal design, but I am pleased with it ,and with the fact the Animas is making an attempt to respond to input from its customer base.

I will continue to use the new clip, and if anything untoward happens, I will post it here.

Bill,
Does the new clip looks like it has a much higher profile than before? I really love the low profile clip in that regard. I’ve never worn a cell phone, pager, etc on my waist before. I bought a case from Animas for my pump and it was the biggest waste of $35 that I’ve ever spent. It came out really far from my body and looked bad under my shirts. It doesn’t really matter to me that it rotates, I just want it to last.

I pretty much agree with you on everything. Mostly I think that the fact it is secured so well is what caused it to break. I just caught it on the seat weird and because it wouldn’t slide off the belt the plastic snapped where it rotates. It’s kind of strange going back to the low profile clip.

Thanks for the idea, rather than wait, I bought a money clip and converted it into rotating clip using some of the parts from the existing stock metal clip. See the pictures for yourself.

You can see the detailed explanation here.

Coffee, If this works you should send it to Animas, the rotating clip in this forum failed and will not be released to the public. They are currently in the process of designing another clip. Hope yours works!

Just received a new rotating clip. They called on Wednesday asking if I want to give a new design a try. I had to go to work before I had enough time to get a good look at the clip. As soon as I can, I’ll snap some more pictures. It looks much more slim line than the other rotating clip. But again, it’s plastic, so we’ll see how durable it is.

Yes - I tried the other rotating clip - and I actually liked it better than the metal one. I am getting the new rotating clip in the mail next week to try for 2 weeks......I hope its a good one! I really dislike the metal option....it only lasts 2 months if I am lucky. We shall see!

What website do I need to go on to get a rotating clip?