Running Smooth

Taken from The DiabeticDuo

I have been struggling the last few weeks to write about the kids. There really isn’t anything going on other than them going about their business. Then I thought, maybe that’s what I should write about. Life is running smooth and simple for them right now. As you know Marty has been going to camp all week and Kelsey is still out and about with her friends enjoying the beach, mall or wherever they have chosen to go for the day. I haven’t been feeling too well the past couple of days….headache, upset stomach. I went to bed early last night and woke up kind of late today. Even though I wasn’t involved, the kids went about their routine as per usual. They tested before bed and took their Lantus. They woke up this morning on time to take their morning Lantus, test, eat breakfast and take their Humalog. Feels both weird and good that they both are able to manage their routines without me. I know this is what we all work for as parents. We want them to be able to be responsible and think about managing their diabetes on their own. However, I do have to admit that there is a part of me that isn’t too happy about not being needed. Well, I guess not being needed isn’t exactly true. They will need me to pick up their laundry, remind them to clean out their test kits and other such mundane things. I should count my blessings that they are being responsible in the big areas and that the situation isn’t reversed. I am proud of my kids and will most likely keep on picking up those dirty socks. I will feign frustration though while doing so. They don’t need to know I am enjoying feeling needed.