Sacramento Diabetic

Are there any diabetic who live or live near Sacramento? I could use a diabetic buddy? I’m a 40 something female who is having a hard time dealing with diabetes. I want off of this nightmare ride.

1 Like

Lots of people in this forum that would be more than glad to support you. Buddies in person are great but virtual buddies are also nice.

3 Likes

Thanks Tim35

1 Like

It’s an excellent thing to do, missrobbie. I’m sure we have folks from your area. I have several such buddies in Portland and we found each other through engaging here at TuD. While we haven’t gotten together in awhile, we have gathered at local coffee houses or pubs and we always fall into conversation like we’ve known each other for years. It’s very supportive and encouraging thing to do. I know that I can call any one of them if I am having trouble…

Tim35…You and I should stop in here every few days and chat with missrobbie so that this post stays real visible until she finds a D buddy…

Blessings all…Judith in Portland

was dx 3 months ago . it’s not fun . but a lot of people are worse off. there are support group’s out there .
there is only one in my town and they only meet once a month but I think that might help. wasn’t thinking
about it as much when working but had surgery and can’t work . think working and trying to stay busy help’s.
good luck missrobbie .

1 Like

I drove through Sacramento one time.

What problems are you having with your diabetes ? What are doing to treat your diabetes ?

We want to hear what your diabetes is like.

1 Like

Bless your heart…but I don’t believe in comparative misery…I hope you are good with your support group. It’s important…

I’m tired of taking this poison diabetes oral pills. I’m tired of not being about to just eat food. I’m tired of dealing with retinopathy and cataract in my eye. I’m tired of being tired and weak. I’ve been dealing with diabetes for 18 years and I just want a break.

2 Likes

Sweetie…If that is the case…Well, you need to study and adapt to Bernstein’s approach…I am very careful about avoiding proselytizing because absolutely Nothing works for ALL of us…But if that is truly your position then you need to read Bernstein cover to cover, with your highlighter in hand, and then come back here with questions…

May I ask what you do for exercise? Do you track carbs?,I am 64, type 2 for 25 years. Let’s see f we can help you make things better? Are you working full time to? Nancy