Safe treatment for insomnia for type 1 Diabetes

Agree! Most OTC sleep meds are anticholinergic. I avoid taking (and prescribing) anticholinergic meds whenever possible. They do not play well with brains.

The chamomile that I bought was the wrong one.It was for digestion instead.I now use Jamiesonā€™s Relax &Sleep. It has all natural ingredients.

Thank you!! I do love tea @ night. Did you purchase that at a health food store?

I have been an insomniac most of my life, Type 1 diabetic for almost 4 years. I donā€™t like to take medications. What helps me is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra tea. I steep it for 8 minutes and take the cup up to bed and drink while reading. It definitely helps me get to sleep and stay asleep a little longer. Usually I can only sleep 2 hours, then I am up for the day. The tea enables me to sleep for 4 hours. I have also noticed that my morning blood sugar is better when I drink the tea.

Are you taking about the Jamiesonā€™s Relax & Sleep capsules? I f so,you can buy them at Walmart. Thatā€™s where I got mine. The last couple of night I havenā€™t needed anything to sleep. I find it helps to not go to bed til your really tired. Please let me know if I can help you manage your bedtime rituals.

Cross youā€™re fingers!! My doctor took me off one of my thyroid meds and Iā€™m sleeping most of the night now! I still wake up at least 2 times to go to the bathroom. Maybe with time, my nights will get easier. I will keep you updated on how things go with the sleep capsules.

I find that if I wait a little later to go to bed I sleep better. I was retiring at 10, 10 :15 pm and I would lay for half an hour or more. Now I wait til I am nodding off a bit before going to bed. I read before going to bed and it really helps.I am on a thyroid medicine ,Levothyroxin,but it isnā€™t the reason for my not sleeping. Did you buy the Jamiesonā€™s Relax & Sleep capsules? I hope the work for you. Good luck.

By 9:00 PM, I am so sleepy! Generally, I will sleep about 4 hrs then awaken. Usually, it takes a while to fall back to sleep. I will buy some sleep capsules this weekend and give them a try. I really appreciate all this support!

I find I need to take 2 capsules about 1 and a half to two hours before bed.

I understand War and Peace is the classic prescription, but I find anything by William James to be more effective. So far, hasnā€™t interfered with my treatment regimen or raised my blood sugar.

MMJ all the way