Saliva sugar analyzer?

Anyone know anything about this iQuickit Saliva Analyzer? No idea if it’s really accurate, or if it’s available, etc… I’m also confused about how you’d get rid of residuals from food.
iQuickIt saliva analyzer

I see a problem with this. Some people retain food in their mouths longer. I was part of a study 33 years ago studying the variances in sugar retention accounting for both type of food or drink and an individual’s tendencies to have efficient and effective saliva for mouth cleansing.

I had a friend in the study and he retained food in his mouth much more than I did. Probably the best way to get rid of residuals is regular brushing and flossing, but barring that–a glass of water might do the trick.

I think that this is probably intended more for Type 2s, because they generally test less than Type 1s. I also think that if your fingers hurt, you’re doing it wrong. You should always test on the side of fingers (or thumbs) in the “fleshiest” portion of the digit you can find. I play guitar (acoustic with medium gauge strings) and I can count on the fingers of one hand the times I’ve experienced discomfort because of finger lancing.

1 Like