Saying NO to Sugars

The way I look at it, if I want a snack - and I dose for it it’s fine

providing I keep my A1C in my target range. Which I have done.

Cynthia, I wish my A1c was as good as yours…
I still will have something sweet if I want it on occasion…I dose for it and I have always been fine in the last 17 years!

I run higher with “healthy” foods!!! ???

obviously those chocolate baths have made you allergic to healthy food! LOL

Ahhhh yes that is it! I must continue them then!

it can be really hard for me with all the junk food and sugars. My sisters are 6 and 8, so you can imagine how much crap food we have around our house just tempting me… lol
And my bf eats like no one’s business… and rarely the healthy stuff (he’s 21, can’t expect that!! ) the worst is when he brings cinnibon home from work since it’s right next door to his job. ugh i can’t resist that ever!

it’s hard but i try to not to eat too bad. in fact we went to cheesecake factory last night and i brought a slice home… it’s still sitting in the fridge untouched waiting for low bs! practicing some serious self control here lol

Chocolate bath! YUM YUM…is it white or dark? :wink:

I usually avoid donuts - but if I really wanted one I would bolus for it - (which I can get away with if I don’t do it very often) - the only time I was REALLY tempted was when I was in France & Germany a couple of years ago - all of those great pastries - and since I was walking Way Way more than I was used to & more likely low than high - I managed to have quite a few (not all at once) without any ill effects.

Nice technique, being satisfied with a small portion is a Key for success. My self, I love FOOD! lol

OH pastries, I love these, especially the ones that has apples in them! YUM

This is a little off topic - but if you want to have something naturally sweet and unbelievable delicious, try some local fresh picked strawberries (preferably ones you pick yourself) - I don’t know if this applies to all parts of the country - but it is local strawberry season in WA state (season only lasts for 2-3 weeks) & I have to rate them right up there with dark chocolate. (Of course local strawberries dipped in dark chocolate !!! - but that is something else entirely!)