Schedule for checking your sugar?!

Hello! I’m trying to get back into checking my sugar like 10+ times a day instead of my usual like 4 :confused: does anyone have any advice on how you are able to check it more often? Like a good set schedule, or do you set alarms… or post things around the house to help?! I tried to do it like before I eat, but sometimes that’s just like 3 times a day… I get super busy at work… I’m on the phone and typing constantly all day. And forget me doing it 2 hours after I eat, I am so busy, that all of a sudden it’s like 7 at night and I’ve only checked it like 2 or 3 times and I’ve been up since 5 am!!

Thank you so much! god bless.

For a while, when I had my Minimed Paradigm and had trouble remembering to test, I set the 8 (I think) alarms on it for 10am, 12pm, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, and midnight. With my Cozmo, I have it remind me two hours after a bolus. You can also set alarms on some meters. My Freestyle Flash has 5 (I think) alarms you can activate. That helps a little.

I made a commitment a year ago never to eat without knowing my sugar, so that helped me a lot. No testy no snacky, so to speak. And I never bolus without knowing my actual blood sugar. That helped too.

Leaving meters everywhere helped me, too. I have one in my purse, one on my desk at work, one on my nightstand (helps catch the waking and sleeping tests). If you live in a temperate climate, you could leave one in your car. (I certainly can’t here in Texas from April through September!)