Send me some good written material

last week, I came in contact with young girl ( 16 yrs). she joined my tuition classes very late, I asked her the reason for coming so late , as her school syllabus is 50 % completed , she told me unwillingly that she is diabetic for 4 years . on asking more , i realised that she knows nothing about D. , she has no glucometer, she never checks …i mean know one educated her. since then i try to tell her about D…
so if someone send me some good material to read … it would help her …so that she live healthy life.

I INDIA , MANY PWD SUFFERS DUE TO LACK OF KNOWLEDGE AND GOOD ENDOCRINOLOGIST, I WAS ONE OF SUFFERER FOR 15 YEARS …I GOT INTERNET CONNECTION IN 2002, IT HELPED ME A LOT

One of the best books I’ve ever read is called “Think Like a Pancreas.” It can be purchased on Amazon.com. It covers everything from what Diabetes is to various treatment methods that can increase the quality of life. Since your student is young, she has the advantage of putting in place basic behaviors that will help her to lead a long, happy and relatively healthy life. This book would help to put her on the proper path to attaining those achievable goals.

Try this website Ravinder…

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.php

Its Bloodsugar 101 by Jenny. I learned so much from it. What you are trying to do for the child is truly admirable.

You can help her log onto the ultra one test website and obtain a free mini meter from them.

I don’t know if this will help at all, but to get her interested in it, maybe try to have her read some fiction books about Type 1? There’s a good one called “This Side of Normal” by Eric Devine about a 16 year old kid who is diagnosed and what he ends up doing to get healthy again. But, to keep interest, it’s also about his life as a teenager, what he did to cope while still leading a “normal” life. And he goes through some bad diabetic stuff (hospitalizations, etc) and her reading that might make her see that she should be more careful with her health?