Sensor Allergy

Tracy.. Have you tried using skinprep (NOT IV PREP).... swab with alcohol, let dry, then put on the Skinprep (its similar to the idea of skintac but not quite as adhesive but seems to work better than ivprep which is both products mixed together... then using the IV3000 over that...Skinprep is another liquid barrier.. also find its a lot less messy than skintac... Might give you the extra adhesion you need without the reaction... IVprep never really worked for me.. so i went to SkinTac... then someone suggested i try skin prep... Found it did the job without the mess and it seems to tolerate the occasional accidental pull/tug on the set...

Yes, the I-pro had it for 3 days and thought I would die with the rash. It actually blistered my skin. I asked because I am getting the real-time next week and needed to know what to do.

Hopefully it was just the over tape and not the sensor or transmitter. Keep track of your 30 day return in case you don't solve it. Good luck. You can get a tape kit from Minimed which includes a sample of all of their tapes and barriers by calling the helpline. I actually had better luck with hypafix and flexifix which I had to order online/cash. I did eventually develop a sensitivity to all of the dressings and the transmitter plastic so I had to stop using it all together. I also would be contact with your endo and local rep during the first 30 days of wear so that you get the best chance of solving it. Again good luck.

My reaction developed over time though.