Sensor pimples

I am on my third sensor and my bump from the first sensor still looks the same, 2 1/2 weeks.
How long do your bumps last?
Is this something we dont talk about? Just wondering.

I’d developed a skin reaction to the adhesive’s ingredient, ethyl cyanoacrylate (super glue). I went from little or no reaction to weeping rash, to hives/systemic, to where using barriers no longer work for me. It took months to get bad, and months for my skin to heal. I’m now off Dexcom, at least until they stop using super glue. A sensitivity to super glue only gets worse, not better, over time and with additional exposure; taking a break doesn’t help.

Mine usually last 3-5 days depending on the site and how long I had left the sensor in for.

Never got a bump.

Just can’t get rid of the glue. No matter how many showers I take, I can still see the oval of the glue in the last 3 locations.

I use unisolve to remove the adhesive residue after I pull a sensor. Works well.

+1

My daughters bump only lasts a maximum of 2 days, even with 2 weeks in the same spot. we have more problems getting rid of the adhesive, like some other posters said.

For the few times I’ve had skin irritation from the adhesive contact (I use both the OmniPod and the Dexcom), I apply a small amount of mometasone furoate cream USP, 0.1%. It’s a topical steroid. As for the bumps, you might try washing the area with Hibiclens. If you not familiar with Hibiclens, it’s used for general skin cleansing, as surgical scrub and as a pre-operative skin preparation. It has amazing germ killing properties and may help the bumps subside. If you’re really desperate to get rid of the glue, might I suggest mineral spirits? Just wash the area immediately afterwards, maybe with some Hibiclens.

I’ve had a bump that lasted about a week after removing a sensor. Someone mentioned a topical steroid, I found that even plain cortizone-10 cream can help. Although, I had a rash at the same time which was more bothersome than the bump.

I am still new to this site, but I think we talk about everything :slight_smile:

Well it must be my own reaction to the sernsor it has been 3 weeks and I still have a small bump most of my cuts and scrapes heal fine but this pimple size bump is unusual for me. Thanks for your responses I will ask Dexcom and see what they say