Sensor placement

Dexcom only used abdomen sites for their FDA (and other int'l regulatory agencies) clearance, hence the exclusive site choice for them. Many here have successfully used alternate sites for many years. I'm wearing a Dex sensor on the back of my arm right now and so far so good.

It gives my abdomen a rest and the spot on my upper arm allows me to sleep on both sides without compressing the sensor and inducing inaccurate "V's" in the line.

I have been using the Dexcom for over 3 months always using my abdomen, thanks to this site, this morning I put my first sensor in my arm, have to admit, was a little nervous, but so far so good, will see what night time brings.

Thank you to everyone for the information !!!!

Siggy, I’ve been using my arms for the past 3 weeks and I am loving it! I’ve used my stomach a couple of times, but found it to be uncomfortable. I’ve used my thighs for the rest of the time (about 11 months on the Dex), and have had fabulous results. But my arms have been just as good for me, and not uncomfortable at all. I’ve found that it takes a day or so to get used to the feeling of having something there, but I don’t notice it anymore at all. You’ll have to let us know your results. Good luck!

Shelby,

Well Im glad to say that I have now used both arms. The first one lasted about 8 days and the second one is now hitting day 7 so we will see. I found that the second one is not as "Accurate" as the first one, but Im sure thats just the ups and downs of CGM's. As far as comfort....UNBELIEVABLE, would never have guessed it, I play goalie in Ball Hockey and played softball and no issues what so ever. Thank you very much for the recommendation.

Take care !!!

That's great to hear it worked well for you SiggyB. Are you using any kind of auxilliary tape ? I wear the sensor on my arms and my current one is on day 21 the one just before lasted 26 days before I got the ???. I play tennis and golf and I swim so my arms are constantly moving. A square of Opsite Flexifix tape around the transmitter helps to keep it secure.

Clare,

No I dont use anything except I think its called Skin Prep before putting it on. I am not having issues with the tape not sticking, after day 7 its a crap shoot to when I will get the ??? 's, once I get these I try and stop the sensor, wiggle it around a bit then restart it, after 2 hours I usually get the initial reading but then it goes back to the $$$, the RIP off it goes :-) . Thanks for the info on the tape, I hope to get that length out of one eventually.....lol

hello
do you have a pic on the placement of the transmitter on your thighs? Don't quite get it.

Thanks

I don't think I have a photo of it on my thigh. But I put it towards the outside of the thigh and if I put my hand in my pocket I can just feel the top of the sensor.