Share your BG trends here!

Terry - That is really something to be proud of. Well done.

Awesome notes as well. The ones about TAGing for protein remind me I need to do that! Keep it up.

@Danny; Your optimism is always refreshing. It helps me to remember no matter how bad today was, I have the option to make it better because tomorrow is always a brand new day of t1 diabetes.

@AR - you rock! Glad you've kept a lifeline (pardon the pun) in this place.

Green stripe = 70-140 mg/dl.

I didn’t keep detailed notes on this day. I backed off on my 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. basal rate by 0.1 units but still had a low soon after I got up. I treated with 2 glucose tabs.

I had my usual late breakfast around 11 a.m. I only went for a 1 mile walk that day, for about 20 minutes after breakfast. I ate dinner around 5:30 p.m.

Stats for the day were excellent: BG range 59-140. Time in range = 99%. Time < 70 = 1%. Average BG = 103. Standard deviation = 19.

Would’ve been nice to continue on my great run of the last few days, but this is the evil D were talking about!

The arc of my overnight BG line was probably from a 1 ounce of macadamia nuts, a snack the evening before. I dosed insulin for the 4 grams of carbs but did not do an extended bolus for protein/fat. I worry about the overnight low it might cause. I think I will do the extended bolus for evening snacks in the future.

I had an open-face Starbuck’s sausage sandwich, one muffin discarded. That comes in at 21 grams of carbs, 19 grams of protein and 28 grams of fat. I took 5.25 units of insulin immediately to cover the carbs and 4.8 units over 4 hours to cover the fat/protein. I pre-bolsed about 30 minutes.

One hour after eating I went for a 40 minute walk. My walk started at the top of the BG bump after breakfast, around noon. It appears that my usual dose for the Starbuck’s breakfast was too much combined with the walk. I think my insulin sensitivity has increased recently. I will consider backing off on a few basal rates.

I had to eat 2 or 3 glucose tabs to treat the low around 2:30 p.m. You can see the glucose tab bump at 3:45 p.m. The BG line decayed again and headed for low territory again and I defended with about 3 or 4 glucose tabs just after 6:00 p.m.

I ate dinner at 6:15 and did a 15 minute pre-bolus. Dinner consisted of a 4 ounce hot Italian sausage and 200 grams of onions sliced and sauteed in coconut oil. Carbs = 24, protein = 24, and fat = 31.

Not too bad a day but I did spend 15% of my day < 70. My goal is < 5% with < 7% acceptable. My time in range (70-14)0) was 84% with and average BG of 97 and a standard deviation of 22. These last 3 parameters were all within my goals.

Thanks, onesaint. I remember that you've posted many great lines here. What I learned from people like you and Danny and AR is that this kind of BG control is possible. Before that, I had no idea that this level of control was within my reach!

Whoa! There is still life around here! I miss this gang :slight_smile:

I love reading the comments !!! I have not been wearing my Enlite very much and am close to deciding to purchase the DexcomG4 as a Medtronic VEO pumper ; I ended up in ER ( my first time ever because of the d on April 25...I was p.o'd ) ...A follow up XRay on Mon April 28 showed a slight collapse of vertibrae 8..cancelled my Holland trip of May 6- 17 ...am still taking pain killers and no exercise /physio till next XRay by end of month .Osteoporosis for about 7 plus years does not help .My moral of this story : PWD maybe at risk !!

I know I've abused the comment wall by posting my lines here. Sorry. There was so little activity in the various discussions, I figured it would be more visible on the comment wall. I'll place all future lines in the allotted space.

I'd like to see more traffic here but this dusty corner of TuD is OK with me! At least these discussion will be available for people well into the future.

I like this main wall better than the brokedown threads. One big cocktail party. The last two weeks were like the worst 2 weeks of my *engaged* diabetes life, last bottle of a "shipment" or something but the new juice is here and I'm rolling again. I signed up for the Tour de Cure so replacing running with biking but the weather is urky. Oh well...

Thanks Danny ...I like that ...keep on sending positive thoughts across the line into Canada ...Thanks :)

AR - Good job on your last 24 hours! Looks like the last few hours you spent @ 65-75. Is that about right? Have fun with your cycling. Chicago weather in May can can really vary. Low 90s here, SFO, today.

One thing I don't like about using the main wall is that you can't correct a comment once it's posted, except to delete. I don't mind using either/both.

Nice AR! I have been increasing my distance running and think of you accomplishments with running and D often.

Yeah, May weather here is better than January but still hard to plan rides! I squeezed 10 miles in yesterday morning but will have to do 40-50 this weekend. Fortunately, it's supposed to be nice!! Way to go on the trails Kate!!

A very restful night - slept a solid 7 hours without a single beep from Dex.

Welcome Clare! Your trend is spot on… Great basal rate settings.

80-200 mg/dl

Getting this group going again is really paying off. Yeah, it’s not the best trend ever posted but for me of late, this is a big improvement. Thanks to everyone that is contributing, the comments etc…are making a difference in my diabetic life.

I exercised twice today, walking both in the early a.m. and then again after dinner. My meals were some what semi-low carb, breakfast lunch and dinner.

I have a feeling I will begin to tighten my trends up even more in the upcoming weeks.

Clare - That's great control!

Danny - Less spikey than previous posts. I'm glad you're active here again. Maybe we can all inspire each other to "paint straight lines!"

@Kate Nice to see ya! How's the little one?

@AR you are the rock around here. Thanks for that and posting those inspirational trends.

@Danny I'm with you. I'm battling with pump/scar tissue issues and trying to keep the numbers sane. Your trends are looking good. Keep it up.

@Clair Welcome!

@Nel Good thoughts coming your way, buddy!

@Terry I'm with you, no edits pains me, but when in Rome...

Lol, ugh, I wish I was rocking! Today started out messy and high, 171 on the CGM at 4ish AM so I was 120 when I woke up so I bolused out my reservoir, changed it out calibrated, did online kibbitzing and ate a big breakfast, w/ 50 mile bike ride on the plate. I bottomed out around 43 like 45 minutes later. So I took the MrsAcidRockMobile to the DMV for emissions testing and then got an oil change and blasted off on my ride about 115. 50 miles and 75g of carbs later I got home and have been begging but BG is low with IOB so…time for a Guinness!?

I have four main goals for my daily CGM numbers:

1.) Time in range 70-140 mg/dl >= 80%
2.) Time hypo < 70 mg/dl <= 5% 3.) Average BG <=110 mg/dl 4.) Standard deviation <= 30 I've always thought these were stretch goals for me and reaching them makes me feel better.

Now that I'm posting here, I'm considering the general classification structure as flatline (within a 20-30 point range over a good length of time), roller coasters, and mountain peaks and deep valleys. I know it's subjective and in the eye of the beholder.

Last Thursday I posted a 24 hour trace that I classified as a roller coaster here yet it met all four of my above goals. My system is easier to satisfy for its highest marks but meeting its goals is not easy. I just thought it's an interesting contrast.

Here's the bumpy line in question:

In the end, these various ways of looking at the data are all just ideals that cause us to reach for the best we can do. The only real reward is feeling better in the here and now and maybe extending better health to an older age.