Should have paid attention

Folks should know that some smartphones will destroy the sensor - there is a list of those that work - It is not the fault of glimp but the NFC in some phones.

If you are trying glimp for the first time do this

When a sensor is taken off read it with glimp - it will prob read zero

If you can read it multiple times the phone should be ok.

If not you know the phone is not useful for glimp

That is good info to tell people Tony24.

Most phones that are known to break sensors will give the message that it is not compatible, or something to that effect, when Glimp is installed on the phone. That message might even say that the phone is known to break sensors, not sure, but it usually gives a warning of some sort. There is a list of phones that are known to break sensors on Glimps site under unsupported devices. There is also a list of supported devices on their site, but not all phone that will work with it are on that list.

The reason certain phones break sensors is the NFC is too strong in them, so it breaks sensors, but there are a lot more phones that will work than won’t.

For those in the US, since Glimp will read the sensors for 4 days longer than the reader will, I would wait until the 10th day, when the reader won’t read it anymore, or just a few hours before it stops reading it, and then scan it with the phone a few times BEFORE taking the sensor off, and just see if the sensor keeps working for many hours. That way if it breaks the sensor, you are not out anything and if it doesn’t break it, you can use that sensor for another 4 days before activating the next one. The one that you have already inserted will be fine sitting on your arm for 4 days without being activated if you want to use the old one for those 4 days.

Unfortunately for my wife libre reader or glimp are totally unreliable. It does work well to some extent on lows. My opinion is that the board of Abbott labs and whoever approved no finger sticks at the FDA should be in federal prison for mass consumer fraud. IMHO

The glimp list is very incomplete - the glimp folks are amazing - I emailed them and they told me a phone they know works and I got it off ebay - another thing is that some replacement batteries do not have pin 4 which powers NFC.

Also not all phones have NFC

here a list if they have or don’t have

Click on it to get list - I don’t know why it shows nonsense

NFC compatible phone list - updated daily!

Thanks for that list, it is helpful

I am sorry Glimp doesn’t work well for your wife, it works great for me, usually even when using the uncalibrated values. When calibrated, my readings are usually within just a few points of my meter readings, and often they are the same as my meter readings, especially when I am holding somewhat steady. It usually even gives readings that are quite close to my meter when my levels are changing.

I have heard that some people find some sensors read closer to their meters than other sensors, maybe you wife just got a bad batch. In any case, I am sorry it is not working for her

Here is a shareble link to a spreadsheet I worked on - the errors are the fault of google - I also used an app called liapp which is like glimp.

I tried to come up with a way to predict how far the next reading would be by the history of averages for the reader/glimp/liapp and my own fudge factor - to no avail - I took liapp out of the game as it was the worst - while some numbers are fairly close it is not dependable enough had any faith in - you never know when it will be off 60 or 100

Hard a decent one running and then it was off 105

The meter is a countour next tested with control solution.

The only saving grace is that when it says low - it is low

working on getting dex thru medicare now

It is not a bad batch as it has been since February

here is link to my wasted efforts