I’m day 8 on Victoza and numbers are still great. I asked my Doctor if I could stay on .06 as long as it continued to work and he said it was fine to stay there, but if I want to also get the weight loss benefits of Victoza he recommended dialing it up to 1.2. I’m in a quandry…taking into account the possible side effects of Victoza, known and (because of the relative newness of the drug) unknown, along with the cost and the fact that the .06 dose is keeping my BG in the perfect range so far, should I stay where I am or dial it up?
The fact that I am 45 pounds overweight weights (no pun intended) on the decision too. Let’s face it, what woman wouldn’t want to be closer to 150 rather then 200 pounds? But there’s still those risks… BG levels aside, since they are really good at present, is my health more at risk by the excess weight, or by the possible side effects of increasing the dosage? And would the weight loss by taking Victoza be significent enough to make a difference between the weight loss and the possible side effects?
Vanity wants me to take the higher dose, but… Oh my, I’d really like to have a crystal ball to see into the future on this decision!
Anyone out there have that Crystal Ball, or at least any thoughts on the subject? Thanks!