*sigh*

I haven’t posted in awhile, but I’m boring anyway so it doesn’t matter. In my last entry I had talked about how the “official” diagnosis for my right shoulder was adhesive capsulitis, commonly known as frozen shoulder. It can be a complication of diabetes, yadda yadda yadda, etc. I had an MRI done a couple days ago because the physical therapy I had wasn’t helping, and the shoulder manipulation I had back in December didn’t help either. It turns out that I have a labral tear and a bone contrusion in my right shoulder, and one other thing that I can’t think of right now. That’s just in my right shoulder. I wonder what’s going on in the left that causes me so much pain as well. I’ve had terrible pain for so long, and I know that the doctors have just written me off because I’m an overweight diabetic. I asked the orthopedic surgeon today if this tear could have been the result of injuries from when I was an athlete when I was younger…injuries I hadn’t been aware of. He said that yes, it was possible. Right then and there I hung my head and sighed because I had wondered that the entire time. It was frustrating too because my physical therapists had been trying to tell him that something else was wrong the entire time as well, that my pain/problem was due to something other than a frozen shoulder. I am so limited in both of my shoulders because of pain that I can’t dress myself or do other things that are vital to my independence (I’ll let you try to figure that one out). I want to go to school to finish my degree! I want to become a physician assistant or maybe even a doctor! How can I do that if I can’t even dress myself? I mean, if there is irreversible damage and I’m going to have this pain for the rest of my life…I don’t even want to think about it. I’m glad that they finally found out what was wrong though because the doctor didn’t want to do the MRI. He said that they rarely find things on MRIs after shoulder manipulation procedures, and that because an MRI is so expensive it’s not usually done. HA! It’s just been kind of a blah day I guess. I’m in pain, but that’s nothing new. My blood sugar has been running in the 300s all day, which ticks me off because I’d made some changes with my doctor concerning my basal rate and I’d been having much better numbers. sigh