Simple Stress Management
1.Sleep. Sleeping helps you a lot in reducing stress. Physical stress generally reduces if you have a very sound sleep every day. Your stress and health are very much taken care of by having a sound sleep, generally eight hours every day. If you're rested, you have a low physical stress level and give a better shot at handling things. Not to mention, you may not stress out as easily if you have a chance to recover at night. Sleep really works like a wonder drug in reducing stress and gives you stress relief.
2. Drink water. I have said it before: we generally consume 21 percent of our calories through liquid consumption. Your entire system functions better and helps you in reducing stress just by drinking enough water. Physical stress is very much avoided if you have one and half litres of water every day. Since Stress and health are closely linked it is one of the best stress relief strategies that help you get out of it and reducing stress level. By this way you automatically have a check on your stress and health also. Oh, and by the way, if you don't think that weight loss and proper hydration have a relationship, think again. Shift the paradigm on its side -- don't think about exercise and nutritional eating just as something you have to suffer through to get into those jeans. Instead, think of them as armour that help you in reducing stress and protect you in this crazy world from physical stress, with all of the bazillion details you deal with every day.
3. Ask, "What's the hurry?" Have some fun. We're always so busy going somewhere; we miss just enjoying the moment. If an opportunity comes your way to do something fun, take it. Give importance to stress and health as well. Enjoy the stress relief that it gives you, give physical stress a whack and help yourself in reducing stress. Reducing stress in that way would also be helpful.
4. Take a deep breath. When you feel the stress (physical stress in particular) getting to you, take a moment. Get away, even if it's just for an hour, to be with yourself and your thoughts and keep aside some time for reducing stress. Some people like to take a walk, meditate, lock themselves away in a beautiful bath, or go to church just to lower down their physical stress level. As we know stress and health pretty antagonistic to each other. Hence find the peace and the silence. In that way also you would be reducing stress to a significant extent.
5. Keep it simple. Being simple and simplifying things is one of the most convenient ways of reducing stress. Simplify where you can. Does Junior really need to be in 78 activities at the age of 5? Do you have to go to every little party or gathering you’re invited to? What about your stress and health? Perhaps no. Managing physical stress this way would be highly effective as you get time to be with yourself and would go a long way in reducing stress present in you.
6. Turn off the TV. A lot of it is bad news anyway, and it robs us of hours that we could use to be getting other things done. Since everyone complains that they have no time, get some by unplugging from the tube and enjoy stress relief. Stress and health are an integral part of life. If not handled carefully they can lead to chaos. Hence get away from that idiot box and have fun. Reducing stress this way would also work.