Sinking In

I think things are sinking in, both for me and my husband. For me, being proactive and doing research on the internet has been a very empowering experience. I have been sending my husband some of the links I’ve been finding so that he can look through them on his own time.

I’m also using my doctor’s modified schedule for now. That saves me some money on test strips, and I have in fact had high readings while doing it. So I am guessing my doctor will want me to test more often, when I take my numbers in to him.

I have not missed a single day of walking since my diagnosis a week ago. I have been to the gym to do weights twice during that time. My goal is three times a week.

My other plan of action is to start trimming some carbs out of my diet. I’m not going to do it all at once because I have never had success on a low-carb diet before. I’m not going to focus as much on losing weight as I am on getting my A1C down. I have a feeling weight loss will follow.

My goal as time goes on is to maintain a lower A1C, something that starts with a 5 preferrably (I don’t have far to go). The second step is to remove the Avandamet and go back to Metformin alone, and then maybe to eventually reduce the Metformin. I don’t like the gastrointestinal side-effects of these medications, and I’m so tired of taking pills (I’ve been on Metformin for 2 years now).