Sky rocketing bG, no Control IQ

Yeah, I do change my site when needed. I’m not going to sacrifice my care. Selling cannulas separately just seems like an obvious way to cut back on waste.

1 Like

So glad you figured out what was wrong and got in back in line. Injection suggestion is always the best way to go when you don’t know why blood sugars are so high.
That being said, I also would have recommended calling Tandem. They have been through these kind of calls all the time. They would have probably walked you through all the things everyone here suggested. And they could answer the why the pump wasn’t giving you more insulin. When in sleep mode there are no automatic corrections and I do find the first auto correction might not be as high as I think I need. So sometimes I do my own correction bolus keeping in mind the one already on board.
I do find the system works great for me. It’s easy and works well for me. But of course what I want and like in a pump doesn’t mean this system is best for everyone! But I must say a good night sleep with no alarms is a beautiful thing!

We are lucky to have one another for trouble shooting!
I see you got all the right answers, but thought I would share a quick story.
I experienced infusions set problems as well as absorption issues from years of T1 on pump. I loved the Tandem x2 and never considered going off until endo said to take a pump vacation. I have been on the InPen smart pen for 10 months. I love it! I know I am getting insulin every time I inject and BGs remedy with in hour or 2 at most. Have not been higher than 260 in 10 months.
We all need to find best for us, but wanted to pass thought to you.
Best in health!
bhakti

2 Likes