Smith & Nephew IV Prep Recall

Smith & Wesson (kidding here!) is making an arrangement with suppliers. Check with you got them from - don’t toss them because they might want them back.

I talked to Smith & Nephew today and they referred me back to where I bought the IV Prep for return, refund, etc. I talked to Animas because my box came from them on 2/17/11. The person I talk to said she would have to email her supervisor and get back with me on how they are going to handle. Smith & Nephew said the recall only affected the boxes with the specific lot numbers. I’ve got two other boxes that are fine.

I honestly dont remember where I got them from. I got them from Animas website itself. The other thing is my insurance paid for them as when I ordered them on the Animas site, I sent it to my insurance company.

What’s anyone doing about this now? My box is old and probably not even in the recall. But I am running low.
Do they have any to ship (Animas?) or is all shipping of the product off for now?
Alcohol pads dont seem as good for the job!

When I last spoke to Animas, which was a couple of weeks ago, they said they wouldn’t have any replacement product for at least 4 weeks. They haven’t posted any information newer than that on their website.

OK< thank you. I think I can last two months so…

My distributor didn’t even have a date when they might have them available. I had to return 2 boxes for an account credit. I’m with y’all - bummed

Are all of you just using plain swabs now?

I’m just using two coats of Bard Protective Barrier film

I found my on the inside of the top of the IV Prep box. Also, the numbers are crimped in the middle of the bottom of the package they come in individually

I found my on the inside of the top of the IV Prep box. Also, the numbers are crimped in the middle of the bottom of the package they come in individually

My lot number was not in the location the letter said. Open the box lid, & it’s under the tab where the box opens. I guess I"m one of the last to hear about this.

Great news. The replacement IV preps are now available. I just received a box from Animas with a box of IV preps which were back ordered from my last order of supplies, I didn’t have any of the recalled lots. So yours should come soon if not contact your supplier.

Thank you. Heading to order now.

I talked to Animas today about the replacement IV preps. The last two boxes, I got directly from Animas. I was told that they still don’t have any. The customer service person I talked to said that they are still telling people that it will be another 4-6 weeks.

Laura, did you have any luck ordering?

Hmmmm, I did Estore but then again they always take forever filling my order anyway???
It did go through.

I received a letter from Smith & Nephew last week. Letter was dated 3/15.
It says to dispose of any unused product. Do not return to Smith & Nephew.
"We are working with your supplier or distributor to provide replacement product to you as soon as possible."
I order my supplies from Animas so I called them today. The rep I spoke with said they still have no new IV Prep and that I will be receiving the replacements directly from S & N. He had no information as to when.

Strange, we got completely different answers from Animas employees. I got my last two boxes from Animas and last week they said it would be another 4-6 weeks before Smith & Nephew had any. She said to go ahead and discard the two boxes and they would let me know about replacement once they knew they would be receiving new stock.

My IV Prep shipped April 1…according to Estore.

You’ll have to let us know when you get them. Animas sure told me they didn’t have any.