So I am on Pump Vacation

I am having similar issues with these sensors. Hoping they get the problems sorted soon. Great technology but some quality issues.

1 Like

This faulty sensor issue is bad for people who are already working really hard to control their diabetes. For me it’s made it worse. And all the time on the phone…!!!

1 Like

Alright, it’s been a few weeks.
Went to my endo today, and he totally supported my actions and thoughts.
He says the problem basically is that this company is american. jk :wink:
No seriously, it looks like this pump company prefers to sell somewhat crappy sensors over getting sued. or that is what my doctor said. what happens is, that each time the pump is slightly unsure about the data it receives from the transmitter, it prefers to say: no data received, and after a few times: sensor doesnt work, please replace.
that way the company protects itself from lawsuits against itself, because they cannot be responsible for wrong results of their sensor, because basically there aren’t any. does this make sense?
so here i am, still slightly pissed off about this whole thing, and i will continue on MDI. I am not unhappy at all, and my endo gave his blessing, wrote me a prescription for Tresiba (another basal insulin, i had been using Levemir up until now, which i already had a prescription for). he thinks i will have better results with it. he gave me as well a dexcom receiver and transmitter from the hospital, which i can use until my exams are over in february. i will probably make my final decision then. i still have my pump, but it is in a corner in my room. if i decide to go with MDI and dexcom for the long run, i’ll return my pump and stop my contract with medtronic.
it makes me really sad, i have been a happy customer of theirs for over 10 years (more than half of my life), but if they just cant keep their ■■■■ together then that is my only way (not only only way, i know i can change pump brands, but so far this is my only preferred way).
also, i can still return in a year or whatever time it takes them to fix their problems.

Did your doctor say how he knew this. Because of the competitive nature of the CGM market, both companies tend to reveal very little about the internal operating details of their product. So I’m wondering from what source did your doctor get the details he passed on to you? Or is it, perhaps, just plausible speculation?

@irrational_John No, he didn’t say how he knows it, but he did mention that the sensors are still the same (as with the Paradigm 530) and that that specific problem (sensors refusing to work) does not exist with that pump. i know that it could also be the new transmitter, but he just said it is more likely for the pump to be programmed to be extra cautious.
idk, it just made sense to me…