So much blood - What do you use to clean up after you prick your finger?

Tissue, small piece of paper towel, inside of pocket, or occasionally when nothing else is available, my meter case (I know, yuck). But I usually have the opposite problem--getting a large enough drop of blood from my fingertips. I often have to stick myself twice, even on the highest lancet setting.

I have that problem as well; I often have to try two or more times to get some! It seems worse first thing in the morning and during the winter I assumed it was cold hands, but it isn't cold now! For me, I think it has to do with having poor circulation, but I've often wondered if others had the problem.

yup...i'm a licker too!

Boy, I think we need two new groups...Lickers and Blotters LOL

Lickers! Extra protein! Yummy!

I lick because it requires the least time & effort, though I do sort of find the idea of doing it gross.

And I thought it was just me. +1 licker here.

Another licker here! I can't be bothered to do anything else. It's one less thing I have to bother myself with, since diabetes is so bothersome enough!

Ha. I lick. This is a vast improvement on my youth when, as a black-clad teenager, I wiped my fingertip on my socks. It was the 80s - we had big socks.

I'm a licker! i used to just wipe it on the inside of my kit... but that caused it to eventually turn brown (it was originally black) so there had to be a better way!

I figure you're probably ok to lick since the germs you eat are the germs that are already in you?

Yup. I just keep it in my test kit. After it's full of little red (brown?) dots, I toss it and start on another.

I do the same as Stuart, my tongue

Help! I'm surrounded by Vampires!!

I figure that as long as it's my blood, the blood is already full of my germs so I'm not likely to reinfect myself with anything, even if I already have Ebola.

Oh, no judgement! Just would creep me out to do myself but as long as nobody licks my finger, I'm good!

Tp for me.

That's me I figure I can't infect myself. Besides that's the way it's done in nature. Have you ever seen a pet licking it's wounds. Ha

Do the TP people have a separate roll for the purpose? Using TP from the usual dispenser fills me with horror.

my tongue. every time i do it in front on people i think they must think im pretty gross though...