So much blood - What do you use to clean up after you prick your finger?

I am with you, Zoe. Just the thought of licking my own blood almost makes me want to puke. No negative judgement for the bloodsuckers.. It is just abhorrent for ME to do it.and I do not have an easily queasy stomach.. It's just that it is BLOOD..Yuck!!

Several years ago, sheesh, maybe 1987, I had a hypo and was hiking home from the hospital and looked down and the IV had leaked and my sleeve was *soaked*. It was my favorite sweater so I went home to wash it out and it smelled *just* like steak!

Yes AR I keep a separate roll on my desk.

What kind of steak did it remind you of?

My steaks, when I ate beef, were always very well done. acid I could imagine you are a "manly steak and potatoes man"..lol

When I was younger and I first realized that what people called "juice" was actually blood I was fated to become a vegetarian!

Rare

Yea, blood tastes like BLOOD = Ucky!! I have done it a couple of times in a pinch, and then regretted it for the next hour as taste lingers....

Yes! I have a separate roll in my bedroom.

I've always just licked it off. Gross, but available.

I am a licker..... But word of caution. If you are low and you are following the 15 minute test to retest. DON'T USE THE FINGER AFTER YOU CONSUME A GLUCOSE TABLET WITH. The glucose can be on your fingers.

That's what pants are for!

Good question. I assume that the test can differentiate between human and animal blood but I am not sure. Maybe it is just the frequency of 6 tests / licks a day that is influencing the test?

....among other things..

I rub an alcohol swab on it, sometimes I have to hold it there for a few seconds but for whatever reason it seems to help when I bleed more. Don't know if there is any science behind doing that, but it seems to work for me. I usually always have alcohol swabs in case I can't wash my hands before testing.

It's so nice to see others who their fingers!! I always use the provided alcohol wipe at my Doctor's but feel soooo guilty, I'm terrified that I'll do the usual lick and horrify the nurse!

tongue or dark piece of clothing :)

"or dark piece of clothing" hahahahha

lick my finger and press down on the injected spot for about 1 - 5 minutes.( never bother w/ the alcohol wipes as they dry out my skin and callus my finger tips)