Some Good News For Once

This was originally posted to my blog, Diabetes Odyssey.

I woke up early this morning, as I have almost every single day for the past week. I’ve just been going, going, going nonstop for awhile now. There’s a lot going on in my life at the moment and it’s busy, stressful, but working out OK so far.

All the tough, nonstop physical activity has made an impact on my body, though. I’m exhausted, my BG can’t decide if it want’s to be high or low and so it just seems to bounce from one extreme to the other regularly. I started my period a week early and it’s pretty heavy.

TMI, I know.

Well today I had an eye appointment. My regular eight week Avastin injection. When I got there I was told the doctor requested a scan of my eyes before the injection, so I had that done first.

After the scan the nurse prepped my left eye for the injection and then left me to wait on the doctor. He came in and we said our hello’s and then he took a look at the scans.

“Well, guess what, your eye is nice and dried out. You don’t need an injection today.”

“Oh, wow, nice!” I said happily.

“You must be living right, keep it up. We’ll have you come back in three months for another scan and go from there.”

“I’m so happy.”

“Congratulations.” He smiled.

Well, it’s so nice to have some good diabetes news once in awhile. :smiley:

17 Likes

So pleased for you, Tamra.

3 Likes

Excellent! I hope this is the start of many good things!

3 Likes

Yes, let’s hope this signals a trend! :smiley:

3 Likes

Good news, especially D-related good news, is …
well, GREAT! You, my friend, have been long overdue for some good news. I’m very happy for you! :heart:

2 Likes

That’s great! So happy for you. :slight_smile:

I’ve been more physically active than normal myself, so I can totally relate to blood sugar craziness and utter exhaustion.

3 Likes

Oh my----Hooray! and many blessings!..xx000

2 Likes

That’s great :heart_eyes_cat:

3 Likes