Spike in bgs after basal testing

Does anyone else get a huge spike in blood sugars after basal testing. I missed lunch today to test basal rates, and they were around the 5-7mmol range (90-126). I had dinner and bolus at 6.15 pm and now before bed I have a bg of 18!! (324). I’ve noticed this has happened before. I did also have a flu jab today but that was this morning so I would have thought that would have kicked in sooner if it was that.

Any thoughts?

I agree… the “problem” with these sorts of things is that a one-off occurrence can hardly be considered a trend, or predictable… I have the most trouble with my BG in the evenings, and I’ve done so many basal tests that I’m convinced it’s just the universe wanting to throw me a curve ball once in a while :slight_smile:

I don’t know though, Dave. I ran higher for at least 24 hours after my flu shot in September. Dead or not, it has an effect on my BGs every year that I get it.

No, I don’t get any flu symptoms or anything allergy-like. Don’t have any egg issues that I know of. I just get a bump toward higher numbers any time I receive anything injected, I think (other than insulin, of course).

I don’t know about anyone else, but I definitely feel crappy for a day or two starting a day or so after I get the flu shot - has happened multiple times.