Ok smart ppl… I’m having trouble with sticky highs post meal and cant figure out what is going on… Thoughts would be appreciated:
This morning for instance I entered 20g of carb into my wizard. I overrode my ratios and ISF (currently at 7 and 67) and I took 4U for 20g – ate 1/2 piece of Matzah . I’m pumping Fiasp and gave insulin 20Min before (note that same thing is happening when I use Novalog or Humalog).
@7:40 – 111 @ time of meal.
- @ 8:20 I was 160 and APS (artificial pancreas) super micro bolused .3
@8:50 I got a cold-brew coffee and ~8g of carbs - mostly skim milk with a dash of regular
- Gave 2U @ 8:32 - calculated IOB is 5.3
3/ Between 9:23 and 9:49 APS micro-bolused .2 .2. .1 and .3
- @ 10:02 I bolused 3U
- @10:11 bolused another 2 - yes, I know I’m stacking
- At @ 10:44 Calibrated - Meter BG was 199
- @10:59 bolused 1U
- @11:42 APS micro-bolused .3
- @ From 8:19 to 12:22 the APS has had me on a 0 basal rate
- @ noon I started a sqaure wave bolus of 3.0 for 90 minutes to simulate basal rate.
So I have CURRENTLY have 4.7U on board… and had easy bolused 8U plus the additional micro-boluses and square wave. Site was changed last nite. My sugars are also going up after a meal and instead of coming down to normal just SIT where they went to – for instance, if it goes to 175 – it stays at 175 for 2-3 hours. Its such a sticky high – i’ve never seen anything like this before.
beginnning to drop now but this is crazy?
I completely disregarded my ISF and this still happened. I am at a complete loss.
Help would be appreciated.