Strange symptoms. Help?

I’m sorry to hear about your son. Diabetes is certainly a tough disease to manage. I went into DKA a few times myself. That was not fun. Thanks for the encouragement. Keep your chin up for your son too, he needs it.

Love, Kristen

Oh, I haven’t quite given up yet. It’s just so frustrating when nobody can give me an answer. I just want to feel at least okay. It’s almost intolerable some days. Sometimes I get tests done and hope they find something wrong with me so they can treat it and I can feel better.

I’m glad the doctors finally found out what was going on with you and could at least give you some relief. I think I have restless leg issues also.

Thanks for the support

kristen Marie

Thank you so much. People like you are the ones who really keep me going. There are times when I just wanna give up because its so frustrating, but I love life. I don’t want to give in and lose out on all of the good things that go on. I just have more bad then good in my life right now, but I have high hopes that things will change for the better someday. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Kristen

Did they do an MRI to dx the particulars of the disc injury? I read about a lot of orthopedic injuries @ work (car accidents…) and the symptoms from those can come and go like at least some of what you are describing? My sister had a herniated disc that really laid her out…

So from what I just read and just today my son was complaining about his muscles aching and not feeling good for the past week it could be coming from his sugars being so hi when he had DKA a month ago. I started thinking his body has to be feeling this because now he’s on insulin and his sugars are much better but his body still doesnt feel rite. I need to copy these post and put them on his facebook. He’s struggling with this disease so any prayers i’d appreciate. Glad you are getting some understanding Kristen.

I think the theory is that if there’s a disc injury or bulge that presses on the spine in the wrong spot, it will bother the nerves all the way “downriver” on one side or the other but, if the fall was “centered” the right way, it could perhaps be in the middle or both too I think? It might also go along with the coming and going you are describing as if something (disc?) were movable, it could touch and then go away. I’ve known a few people in that situation and the symptoms can be way beyond “my back hurts” depending on how much of the glop is touching which part of the spine I think? I’m not a doctor though and maybe they excluded that somehow but I think the usual drill is to check the discs with an MRI to be sure?

Wow… finally I found someone who is going through the same thing that I am!! I actually got an MRI on my back last week and they said that it all looked normal. My neurologist said that maybe it was my spine, but I guess not… My back does hurt alot though. But then again, everything hurts. It feels like a tingling, burning sensation. Sometimes a sharp stabbing. I get it in my toes to my fingers so my stomach. Ugh… It’s everywhere. I have had low Potassium for a while now, but I do take a potassium pill. Do you really think that maybe this is just how we are going to feel? Some days I can barely function. Its intolerable. Some days I just don’t know what to do. I get times where I want to just throw in the towel, but I haven’t. I honestly love life, just not mine at the moment. I just wanna feel OKAY. I’ll take okay!! Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate it.

Okay question…

When I was about 8, I fell out of a tree. I’m 22 now. It knocked me out, but I got up alright. Could my pain that I’m having now, be because of something like this that happened so long ago??

FYI - I just had an MRI on my back and everything looked normal.

I’d be happy to be there for your son if he needed someone to talk to. I could use the support also. Your son is in my prayers. I know what hes going through, and its not good. Thanks for the comment

You mention your last a1c was 9.5. Could that be causing the issues? Maybe getting down to the 6-7 range would help out.

just plain neuropathy perhaps? See doctor soon …I take Tramadol for neuropathy and it seems to work without knocking me out. Could the pump have given you an infection at the pump site especially since its a new pump and that could make you feel like the symptoms you were talking about too.

im not sure… and I went to the neurologist and he said no neuropathy… =/

Yeah I’m trying to get it down… but why wouldn’t I have had these issues a long time ago when my a1c was 15?

I asked on the other page and you didn’t answer, but what tests did the neurologist run to rule out neuropathy? I ask because a couple months ago, I participated in a webinar on neuropathy. One of the things said was that someone would be sent to a neurologist because their doctor suspected neuropathy, but the neurologist would not be able to diagnose it and send them back to their doctor saying it was not neuropathy. I laughed and basically called the guy an idiot for that statement. About a week later, I had an appointment with my neurologist and brought that up. She agreed with his statement. There are several kinds of neuropathy and it can affect small or large nerve fibers – the test for one will not pick up the other kind. Even if you had testing done, if you were not tested for both large and small neuropathy, it could be dismissed as not being neuropathy when it actually is.

Neuropathy happens over time. Mine actually got worse after I got my A1C below 6 then it started improving.

My daughter gets very bad leg pains and I keep telling her it’s growing pains. Just 3 days ago she was down for the whole day unable to walk on her leg. Her pain was very sharp like she pulled a muscle and felt it traveling. We have an endo appt. wednesday, we’ll see what they say. I do know they tested Mary for Vit. D deficiency and put her on pills last winter. It may be reoccuring again and she may need to keep taking Vit. D Supplements.
Also, have you been check for Ciliac? Mary does not have it but her nurse does and she feels very sick and sore when she does eat right.
One more thing. How are your thyroid levels? This too needs to be checked by your doctor. Thyroid problems mimic arthritic symptoms. My daughter tested + for thyroid AB recently. I do not know wether or not it is related to her leg pains.
3851-IMG_0579.JPG (1.22 MB)

really? thats interesting

i’ve been to a neurologist and he said I don’t have neuropathy. :confused:

The only thing he really did was test my reflexes… He didn’t do many tests… The good thing is that I’m going to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota so hopefully they will help me. Thanks for your reply, sorry I didn’t get back to you.

So what did the endo say about your daughter?
My thyroid is good, i dont have Ciliac. They can’t tell me whats wrong with me, I take Gabepentin for my nerve pain, but they haven’t diagnosed me with anything.