Stress

I just joined…I have been type 2 since 1999…I was on metaformin for over a year…I gave it a good try…I spent a lot of Time in bathroom…Got to the point of not wanting to go any place as I would Have ancients in stores… After a year I told my doctor I wanted off it…I’m Now on insulin… The insulin isn’t as bad as I thought it would be… Its much Better than living in a bathroom…

My last HbAlc…07/15/08 7.6…I’m on Novolin Mix 70-30- I take 44 Units 8AM-and 6PM…I also take Novolin u-100 R Human Insulin…I take it on sliding scale-If Blood Sugar is 200-250-2U251-300-4U301-350-6U351-400-8Uover 400 Im to call
my Doctor…

I have lots of stress right now…My (hubby) Smokey has prostate cancer…He had the Cryotherapy done August 25th…We wont know much till next month…My sugar has been all over the place…Our 45th wedding Anniversary will be September 25th

I usually go to bed around 11pm…I finely learned to eat something around
9:30pm…Last night was sugar free pudding cup with a dollop of cool whip…
sometimes I eat SF Jello cup with the dollop of cool whip…anyway this
morning was 119…much better than my 181 to 200 I was having before my
night snacks… For me bedtime snacks work…

Thanks for letting me join…

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Wish your husband full recovery my dear friend.He will.Welcome again Charlene

Thank you so much for caring

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Hi Charlene,
Welcome. I am so glad you have joined us. I will be sure to keep you both in my prayers. It is no wonder your blood sugars have been bouncing all over. Sounds like you are doing the best you can right now. We are 4000 strong and together that is exactly what we are. You and your husband are part of our family now And we all stick together and support each other. So please understand that we are all with you. Keep us posted and let us know how you all are doing.
Blessings be to you.

Hi Char,

Glad you found TuD! Welcome to the family. Good place to vent your stress. How could you not be worried about your husband:( Sending all good thoughts his way & yours.

Good for you for telling your doctor you wanted to be on insulin! So many people fight this & it can offer such better control. I’m Type 1, so I didn’t have a choice.

Happy bedtime snacking.

Charlene-

Welcome to TUDIABETES! I will keep your family in my prayers. You have joined a great community/family. We all laugh, get mad, agree to disagree with each other and much more. I would love to tell you not to stress but I would be doing the same thing if I were in your shoes.
Married for 45 years??? Congrat’s

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Char, first congrats on your upcoming anniversary! And I agree about the evening snack. It really helps me with morning results also. And for me stress is THE big blood sugar issue, and in fact an unendingly stressful year was what finally pushed me over the edge into diabetes. Plus stress makes it harder to manage the other 2 legs of diabetes management, food and exercise. (I think of it as kind of a 3-legged stool: management of stress, diet, and exercise, bolstered with medication for those of us who need it.) My best to you and your husband during this difficult time.

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

I have to keep going… I’m really trying to get a handle on my numbers but then I get stressed and up the numbers shoot…
My doctor gave me Novolin u-100 R Human Insulin- I take it on sliding scale-If Blood Sugar is 200-250-2U251-300-4U301-350-6U351-400-8Uover 400 call Dr. Don’t you try this as your doctor needs to set a slide scale to your own body…

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Stress can be SO tricky with blood sugars. It has been clearly established that if you are stressed, it will affect your BG levels. Not sure there is much you can do about it other than:

1. Work on the stressing factors, in this case be with your husband and support him through his cancer.
  2. Exercise, walk the stress away if you may, so as to help bring down blood sugars as much as possible in a natural way.

Here are a couple of resources on the topic:

I been spending most of my time with him…He feels fine…He is a locksmith by trade…Back to working every day…I ride with him…I’m a mess right now as I had my eyelids…both upper and lower Done August 7th…I got the stitches out August 18th. I could see better right away Buttttttt now in turn have very dry eyes and now both my astigmatisms in both eyes have moved/turned…My eye doctor is making me new glasses…I only had my eyes done so I could see better…Sure hope these new glasses do the trick…I LOOK LIKE A PINK EYED RABBIT…I also have a frozen shoulder right now…Oh the wonderful golden years are sooooooo great …NOT !!!

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Hi Charlene,
I had to smile about the pink eyed rabbitt. Thank you that was funny. There are lots of drops out there for the dry eyes. I recommend using them before the doc has to order a prescription one. Good luck to the rabbitt. I am denying there is anything golden about me. Maybe those wonderful golden years won’t find me. You think?

You bet I’m with you…My Mom called them the rusted years…:~)

Love Always Char !
Novolin Mix 70/30
44 Units 2x day

Glad it made you smile...Lets just hope my ears don't grow and I start twitching my nose..

Aging isn’t for sissies, that’s for sure!

Hey Charlene,
You have such a great sense of humor and that is a really good way to help the stress. My son is a workaholic, but my best Bud in teaching me the ins and outs of diabetes. He teases me unmercifully and I love it. He is forever calling me with a joke or sending me one via e-mail. But the funniest times of all is when he comes over to “supervise” my exercise. He gets me down on the floor to do some of the exercise and gets me to laughing so much I can’t get up. His biggest thing is that I have to keep laughing at myself. And he makes it easy for me to do. For a while I was just horrified to watch things on me begin to droop over the years. As different problems come up for me he finds new nick names for me and I have to laugh about them. And my precious grandkids are always coming up with new nick names for me too. Some of them are not repeatable on here, but I can tell you that not long ago I was “puffy”, right now I am back to being “droopy”. Each name comes with it’s own funny story and the last one refers to my behind.
Many times other family members on here come up with funny things and I always appreciate them. I love to laugh. Your sense of humor shows that you are a very healthy person emotionally. So keep smiling and keep laughing and I think I will call you the pink rabbitt for just a little while. I hope this isn’t offensive to you. I think you have got it together.