Struggles and Hopes

My last couple of a1cs have not been great, and my finger stick tests since the last a1c have not been too good either. I know why – not eating right (I like a glass, or two, of sherry in the evening, and that just raises the BG overnight) and bolusing right.

I went back on the CGM after a couple of months off of it and suddenly had a great day – no BG’s over 150, and never low a single time. Now I just have to get more sensors – this was my last one, and it came out prematurely. I stopped because the alarms were bothering me all the time and, since I have a new girlfriend (who is amazing), I was a little hesitant to have the alarms going off all night and have the sensor attached to me (in addition to the pump), decided that I would go without for a while.

A couple more days like yesterday, an maybe I can get that a1c back into a good range again. Lesson, I guess, is diligence (actually, the word of the year at my daughter’s school). I have to remind myself never to get complacent. Too many things go wrong with complacency.

Glad to hear about the great day!! (and the great girlfriend!!)

Hope that you have many more days like this!

Yea, Jonathan!!

This is why I love this site – instant connection with people who understand, are encouraging and, best of all, “get” how hard this condition is. Thank you, all!