Stuck infusion sets?

So Ive been type one for 17 years. Ive been pumping for about 10. I have NEVER had problems with this before but when i go to take the pump off for showers or whatever it WONT.COME.OFF. or that little plastic plug which i put on sometimes gets stuck. (Ive stopped using the plug as im pretty convinced its pointless anyway)
It wouldnt budge. Does anyone else have this ridiculous problem? Its happened 3 times so far. Once with a plug and twice with the pump.I can assure im doing nothing wrong. Ive been doing this for years. And i have burnout to the hilt so im like GREAT one more thing to worry about! Having a effing shower! Lol

I now use Unisolve to remove my sets, otherwise my skin turns pink and get quite tender. I let the Unisolve soak on the adhesive pad for at least a minute. I don’t use a plug for showering.

1 Like

I’ve been pumping for about 27 years and have never had this problem. And in all that time I have never used the”cap” they provide to cap it when in shower or pool. Just wondering if it is a bad lot of infusion sets? You might want to call your supplier and tell them what’s happening & if anyone else is having the same problem. It sounds like someone on the assembly line was asleep when forming the connectors. Good luck. And yes the frustration of diabetes, just when you think you are smooth sailing, something else jumps up!

1 Like

Is it possible they sent you a defective lot?

1 Like

I think I may have had this problem once - not entirely sure. Plug (or tubing clip?) was stuck and I couldn’t get it out - well, I DID get it out, but the required effort resulted in a tugged-out infusion site. I don’t have your years of experience, so I chalked it up to “user error” – but, perhaps, that was not the case.

1 Like

Would you mind sharing the pump manufacturer, pump model, and infusion set name? This will help you warn others who use the same set-up. I hope you find a solution soon.

Sure. its medtronic minimed paradigm 754. I have used the 6mm infusion set from 2 different boxes with different expiration dates. I am just boggled how after so many years it just started to happen now lol. Hopefully its not an ongoing thing. Its wierding me out. Like the diabetes gods are trying to get me :smile:.thanks for all the replies. :kiss:

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that the cap isnt needed. So i dont have that to stress about taking that on and off. Just the pump! Haha it is very strange.