Study: TuDiabetes member attitudes and experiences

A group of researchers from the Department of Biomedical Informatics of Columbia University is conducting a study of the TuDiabetes community. They are interested in understanding users’ attitudes, motivations, and behaviors, patterns of interaction, and types of conversations that occur. As part of the study they are inviting members of TuDiabetes to participate in individual interviews conducted over phone or skype. They may also ask members to look at the design sketches of new tools that might eventually be used on the TuDiabetes site, and ask for feedback.

Participants will be reimbursed $10 in gift certificates for each activity they participate in. The hope is that the study will be fun, and will help them learn more about the community. The research group also hopes to design new tools that will make your experience on TuDiabetes more engaging.

If you are interested in taking part in the study, please contact Lena Mamykina, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor, Columbia University): lena.mamykina@dbmi.columbia.edu

I'd love to do this; I just e-mailed her.

May I ask if this is the same group that conducted the previous study on this topic? I participated in that and had to attempt to use a different forum format that they had created. I admit that I had difficulty with parts of it. Just wondering if this is phase 2 of that study or a different one. Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing...