Sure T infusion sets

So i just started using the sure T infusion sets on recommendation of some people on this forum due to infusion blockages with the mio infusion sets. I noticed the life of the sure T is only 2 days. Has any one found these less effective or prone to swelling if left in longer?

They are only approved for 2 days of use for each set.

1 Like

For me it depends on the site. Some are ok for 3 days, but most, only two.

1 Like

my wife has worn them for over 4 days each, for over 20 years. I wear them at least 3 days. same time frame. NO PROBLEM! Only when I’ve had a bit of weird bad luck, wearing one longer than 4 days, have I gotten a red spot. otherwise, hardly any entry-mark at all, when I remove them.

1 Like

Originally marketed for kids which have strong immune systems which is why they mentioned “2-day wear” in the literature. Ignore it. TRUST ME! Only a limited sub-set of pumpers have issues with 3-day wearing of ANY type of set. Go for 3 days yourself and you statistically should be FINE.

1 Like

Thanks everyone

Out of curiousity, what does it have to do with strong immune systems?

I’m also curious why the design is a two piece, and whether because of the extra line connecting to the infusion piece, is it easier to catch and pull out the infusion set accidently

it is MORE secure; not less. But I always place an IV3000 over the set. that keeps it from being accidentally pulled out from something dragging across from the side (ie, parallel with your body, rather than a straight-on blow). the silicon wings are what sometimes (very rarely) get pushed aside hard enough to rip the set out of your body. Hence the IV3000 which keeps those wings covered. I’ve never had a set accidentally come out other than when I didn’t cover it with an IV3000. I’m talking once or twice in decades.

1 Like

I actually use my iv3000 Under the set instead and it anchors better and is less irritating. I just poke through it.
I think the kids immune system is less an issue as kids are more likely to have allergic reactions, and also more intense allergic reactions to sets being in long periods.
Maybe that is still immune system related, but it’s not immunity related.