Symlin => thirst?

I’ve been on Symlin 2 weeks now.
The lady’s room and the water fountain are next to each other, down a row of offices. A friend, who knows I’m a diabetic, jokingly called out “thirst and frequent bathroom trips are a sign you might have diabetes, you know” as I walked by his office today.
He’s right, I’ve been drinking and going to the bathroom constantly ever since staring on this stuff. I’m sitting here right now after drinking 4 cups of herbal tea and 3 bottles of water at 3 pm and I’m painfully thirsty. I assume the bathroom trips are a consequence of the drinking, but maybe the other way around, or has it’s own etiology.
My BG are awesome, I’ve lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks, everything else about the Symlin is as advertised (good and bad), so what’s with this incredible thirst?

I am almost always thirsty, so I always keep drinks around. I just assumed it was part of this fun disease we call diabetes.

I read an article a few years ago (in Scientific American, I think) that hypothesized that one reason “American’s are fat” is that we fool our brains into thinking we are hungry when we are really thirsty. They posited that this started at birth, baby cries - shove a bottle with formula in it’s mouth when all it really needs is water.
I wonder if the Symlin is just altering my perception - so I’m thirsty just because I’m not hungry. If that makes sense. The thought of food is nauseating, but I can drink all day.

For me it was the opposite…I feel less thirsty and hungry…and I have to remind myself to drink more especially when I know I’m going to be doing a lot of cardio after work.
I think though that symlin has a lot more effects than just what is normally brought up (e.g. nausea and possible lows) and I’ve noticed that responses are very individualized…