T slim

T slim users…What does it mean/do if you hit the ‘bolus’ rectangle (after hitting 1, 2, 3 to open screen) WHILE pump is delivering a bolus? Will it double bolus? Made me nervous…Hit the bolus rectangle 2x by accident while bolus in process.

@sweetgal88
If ever in doubt, check bolus history to see what actually happened.

Let me know if you have any trouble finding bolus history and I can assist.

We frequently check bolus history. Better to check and feel comfortable you really know what happened as opposed to assuming and not really being positive.

1 Like

It won’t let you do a second bolus until the first one is complete.
At least, that is what it tells me when I try to put in a second extended bolus.

Tim is spot on though, check your history. Very easy way to see what was done and when.

No it will not bolus a second bolus unless you finish or stop the first one and go through the whole process again. Turn your quick bolus off and you don’t have to worry about a bolus possibly being initiated by that. That happened to me once when the menu hadn’t closed and my pump must have pressed against me etc. It didn’t actually bolus though.

@Hammer
Actually for this reason on our Tandem t:slim X2 when we want to do an extended AND a regular bolus (only for very particular food choices) AND due to knowing how slow the regular bolus takes to complete (compared to our previous pump the Animas Ping), we have now adopted the process of doing the extended bolus FIRST and then doing the regular bolus which seems backwards but really makes no difference and gets the whole thing done on the pump faster so as to be able more rapidly move into the main event. ie - eating.
:slight_smile:

Tim, it was this suggestion you put in another thread that led me to doing it this way. Simple and easy!

1 Like