TDD during days on bike, and days off bike

HI all. Just got my pump recently (Animas and also a Dexcom CGM) and I was MDI before that but I need some advice about TDD and basal ...

I commute to and from work 6 miles each way each day. I have great control dring those days; flat-line BG and can eat lots with very small bolus doses. Gotta watch I don't run low, though, especially in the 3rd and 4th days of the commute.

IN that case I scale back my basal rate (especially at nite) using a a "TEMP" setting on my pump; this has been a great advantage versus the Lantus while I was on MDI ...

However, when I can't ride my bike I have difficulty with my dosage; I can't get the basal right for several days without bike and struggle struggle until my metabolism slows down and I can finally find the right amount of basal .... then it's back on the bike again and I start adjusting my basal all over!

This is all new to me but here's what I did: I found a "no bike" basal setting that works and saved it as a profile and then I found a "bike" setting that works and saved it. I select these settings and then scale them up or down with a "TEMP" ....

I'm currently trying this rule for my transition period: 1st day off bike: select "no bike" profile and apply -30% temp. 2nd day use -10% temp, and 3rd off bike just use "no bike" profile without any temp.

I'll report back and let you know how this works out for me, but in the meantime does anyone else out there have a strategy for adjusting their TDD and basal to match their duration of actuivity over days?

I'm a year round weekday bike commuter. Weekends usually aren't an issue because I do long bike rides or other activities. I have found that if I go 3+ days without activity, I need to triple my basals to stay level though.