Tech-Free Weekend

OK, I’ve been spending WAY too much time sitting on my assets: at my computer at work, in the car commuting, at my computer at home, rinse, repeat…

I decided to give a Tech-Free Weekend a whirl, something a friend of mine does about two weekends per month.

I’m actually going to figuratively cut myself off by taking my modem cable and the power cables for BOTH of my computers to work tomorrow morning, and locking them up in my desk drawer until Monday. Eeeek.

I’m so hard core…LOL…

I’ll still have my iPhone, so cheating is a possibility, but I hate to surf the web on that tiny screen (“my eyes! my eyes!”) which should act as a major deterrent.

I plan to read more about diabetes in my book (next challenge: perfecting my correction factor), practice my guitar and sight reading music, go for walks, nap, do lots and lots of housework and errands, and occasionally bite my fingernails because I really, really, really want to check my favorite sites on the web. Oh, and I will sleep!!! I mean it. Grrrr…

Wish me luck?

Great idea and good luck!

As a Type 1, I’m not ready to go Tech-Free. That would mean ditching my pump, CGM, and meter… Maybe internet-free? Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sounds like a great weekend! Have screen-free fun.

Our internet was down for 24 hours and I was climbing the walls, so I wish you good luck! It seems like everything requires the web these days: not just email but bill pay, figuring out how to cook something, getting instructions for gardening . . .