Tegaderm, Skintac or IV prep

those are a lot cheaper than the IV3000’s I’ve found online. I may end up ordering the Tegas. thx.

This is what I ordered the last time. They are cheaper and get twice as many. They are smaller but it works great for me

For a long time, I used the IV 3000. I had a chance to try Tegraderm and like those better. I’ve ordered both from MiniMed and Amazon.

1 Like

i use the Tegaderm and i buy it through Amazon. it is MUCH cheaper than purchasing it from the drug store. and i buy more than several boxes at once and have free delivery.

i tried this w/out consulting anyone, just reading about it, and i am a happy customer. i find that it is even difficult to pull off after a week (i put it OVER the sensor’s adhesive.) also, i cut a hole in the middle so that the transmitter can stick out so that water doesn’t get dislodged inside, for example, when you take a bath/shower/swim.

one thing i do, which i works really well, is i take an old sensor and i put it on top of the Tegaderm package and i trace around it so that i know when i am cutting out the hole, i am not cutting too much or too little. i get the perfect size space for it to fit over the new sensor.

it takes a few times to get use to putting it on b/c it is so sticky, but it will come to you pretty soon.

I am late to jump in on this, but I did not see anyone in this thread mention Smith & Nephew’s Opsite FlexiFix. I use this with my Medtronic Enlite. It can be purchased on Amazon.com along with other places. It comes in various sizes, but the one you want for use as a CGM covering is the 4" X 11 Yard roll. This product can be cut-to-size and is perfect for use as an adhesive, waterproof CGM covering.

Unless I sweat often and profusely, I easily get 6 days of wear without issue. The adhesive actually becomes stickier after it has been on a for several hours and has had a chance to interact with your body oils. I take showers with it, I exercise with it and only on occasion have I had an issue with premature peeling. I’ve been using this product for about the last 7 years and the only drawback I have encountered is that the site may become a bit itchy after several days if I’ve been sweating a lot. The other potential drawback is that you can’t easily remove it without also pulling out the sensor. I usually wear a sensor for 7 days and at the end, just pull off the entire assembly, clean off the transmitter and begin a new set.

I have experimented with IV3000 and Tegaderm products in the past and neither of them did the job as well as FlexiFix. For one thing, IV3000 covers too small an area and I had peeling or complete loss of of adhesion after just a day of wear. Not good enough. Tegaderm was a little bit better and covered a larger area, but it still did not do as good a job as the FlexiFix.

If you really want a covering that stays put without a lot of nonsense, FlexiFix is one I would highly recommend.