Tell Something Weird About Yourself

“Cici! Betsy! Where are you? You were here just a minute ago!”

Or what the heck, people my age are expected to be weird.

2 Likes

Oh Trudy, how true! I have been trying to single out one weirdness to add to the list, but have lots of
things I should maybe add.

3 Likes

@Pastelpainter and @Trudy1…I have the same problem following this thread. I have sooo many weirdnessess, that I cannot imagine choosing one.

Many of mine have to do with the superstitions of a life in the theater—even though I am an atheist----I have variations on the superstitious rituals that I performed backstage and right in the wings before an entrance that I have adapted for testing my blood sugar or going to the damn doc, etc…

They mostly involve counting—counting in Sevens…Uneven numbers always feeling most balanced with the universe…Figure that out!

3 Likes

I bought the cutest, softest stuffed lamb for a baby shower gift and I’m thinking of getting one for myself!

3 Likes

Maybe your daughter would be more receptive to the “younger” T1D communities like reddit or beyond type 1?

1 Like

Here goes: my first job was in a diaper manufacturing facility (making Pampers, if you are curious). It was an amazing experience (as an Engineer) to discover how MUCH technology goes into making diapers! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL, Manny. Was that here, or back in the Old Country? :wink:

1 Like

Back in Venezuela. :slight_smile:

I like the smell of insulin. I think I’m the only one???

4 Likes

We always park in the same spot at the grocery store. first row, second to the last space. If someone is in “our” spot, I am extremely disappointed. I rally don’t know how this happened, but both my husband and I have been parking there for at least 10 years. Yesterday I went to the store and parked there. I guess my husband saw my car there as he was in the area doing errands. It was a delight to run into him in the meat department. After spending many years in the food business, he loves going to the store, and hates to miss a trip. I guess that’s weird too.

1 Like

Ok, here is another admission. I am a fanatic for buying the best food for the least amount of money. It is not that I buy “cheap” food but I get good deals. I typically get at least 50% off from general prices using a variety of techniques. For instance I use 20-30 coupons at a time from the Sunday paper and from the internet. I also am strategic, I will buy items on-sale or marked down in large quantities and store them in my two fridges, chest freezer and large pantry. Usually every trip I’ll have a number of “free” things I buy. Last weekend I did the shopping for the week and the bill came to $68. My wife is actually a bit embarrassed by my aggressive savings.

3 Likes

Nope. I like it too. You probably know this already, but what you’re actually smelling is not the insulin but the preservative, a substance called metacresol.

$68?!? You should hire yourself out as a consultant! Probably do better than your day job. Cackle. :laughing:

2 Likes

Brian - Do you play the “CVS Game”?

Actually I don’t although I know what it is and have $5 in ECB right now. I just don’t visit CVS enough to make it worth it.

I did it for a short while, but really you can only stockpile so much shampoo, mouthwash, toothpaste, canned goods, etc… for two people! I started because they gave me 30 ECB for transferring a prescription over. I’m not sure they ever actually made any money off of anything I bought, since I bought the products with the original 30 ECBs, earned more ECBs on the products I bought, then bought more products with those ECBs until I was out of ECBs.

My husband told me was attracted to me because I was different from other girls. Still haven’t figured that one out, and it’s been 34 years. I love the smell of Vicks, and the taste of Pepto Bismol, but don’t know if that is weird or not.

Same thing they use in Bandaids, presumably. Smells exactly the same anyway. Yuck, IMO.

Smells like bandaids to me, too. Ginormous bandaids!!! :-1:t3:

Ever accidentally drop an insulin vial and it breaks? Eau de BandAid Factory!

I’m under 50 years old, but can play harmonica decently :slight_smile: That doesn’t seem to happen much

5 Likes

Should of put this in a post called “tell me something awesome about yourself”. Too cool.