Tell Something Weird About Yourself

As someone else said…where to start? Um, I have this weird tactile thing & always have that I can remember. I love the feel of those satiny ribbons & if I happen to come across one, I’ll carry it around, pulling it through my fingers until I lose it or it frays. I don’t like HAVE one that I always carry, but it’s one of those, “Oh LOOK!” moments. LOL! Same with smooth, round openings… for instance, I will carry around the reservoir I just changed, tapping my thumb against the open end. If the edge is rough or it doesn’t fit my finger just right, I’ll toss it, but anything I happen to find like that, I’ll try to pack it around awhile. Used to have a phone case with an opening that fit the bill. Drove my hubby crazy! It’s not like I lost it or it wore out quickly, ya know? I don’t know why…it just feels nice somehow. I know, I KNOW!! Weird! My hubby really makes fun of me for those “touchy” quirks I have if he catches me. :wink: I also like corn flakes in my chocolate ice cream. I don’t do smells b/c I’m so allergic now that most anything that gets overly strong will give me a headache, even if I like the scent! I guess the other most weird thing about me is that I tend to “pick” at my hands/fingers when I’m bored or nervous. Hangnails, those blasted blistery places I get sometimes on my palms, any bit of skin I can coax loose or almost loose, I’ll have it torn off & bleeding if I don’t find some way to stop myself. And it’s not easy to do that either. :frowning: Ack. Sheesh… now I’m feeling really self-conscious!! :wink:

1 Like

I hate doctors and hospitals. Buried to many friends I think

Every time I check my sugar, I pull my test strip container out and shake it up and down a few times. I have no idea why, I kind of just like the sound it makes. Sometimes, if there is only a couple left it won’t make the same sound and I get legitimately disappointed.

5 Likes

Me too! :slight_smile:

But I meant to write a different weird thing: when I get a mosquito bite, I do Xs on the raised spot in the skin by pressing on it with my thumb nail. It probably doesn’t really help but it makes me feel that the itching lessens.

1 Like

X marks the spot. :wink:

My mom taught me that trick when I was little. I swear it helps!!

I have too many to list, I’m sure!! Like @Trudy1, I also talk to myself constantly, and I think that’s pretty weird. :slight_smile:

I can’t believe I’m putting this on the internet for all to see, but here goes!

I still have my baby blanket that I’ve had since I was about six months old. Ever since I was a toddler I’ve liked to rub the corners between my thumb and index finger because of the feeling of the fabric, to the point that most of the corners (well, most of the blanket, actually!) have disintegrated. The blanket still lives on my bed, although I’ve outgrown “needing” it to sleep (I took it on sleepovers and overnight trips until I was in my 20s). Sometimes, when I can’t sleep or am lying awake bothered by something, I’ll get the blanket and rub a corner and the next thing I know it’s morning. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Wow. I wish I could find an insomnia cure that was that effective.

i do not consider this weird but i know it is, and now that i have a friend staying with me while she flat-hunts i am hyper-aware that it is indeed very weird.

i have a little orange and yellow lovebird, a small parrot about 7 inches tall. her name is julio-she started laying eggs a year after we got her and her male name just stuck (not the weird part). julio is bonded to me and (this is the weird part) we take naps together. she cuddles up on my pillow and snuggles into my face or neck. kind of weird. she also has aspirations to be a dentist. she really enjoys sticking her head in my mouth and giving my teeth a look-see. my friend was completely grossed out by it.:baby_chick:

1 Like

“Teddy”

5 Likes

This is the sweetest “weird” thing I’ve ever heard and makes me want to reach out and give you a hug!

2 Likes

Love the battered little teddy and especially admire the quilt.

3 Likes

OK, here’s a D one. ContourNext test strips are the absolute perfect width–the skinnier part that goes into the meter–for cleaning the gap between my last two molars on the upper right. Nothing, including dental floss, even comes close. I just happen to have a gap there that… well. The point is, I not only hold onto my last-used strip for this unorthodox use-case, but have occasionally succumbed to the temptation of testing for no other reason than to free one up for the purpose, or even–gasp–employing an unused one under exigent circumstances. Not to mention I recently discovered you can peel the two layers apart, thus creating a spare for emergencies, such as sausage, bacon or spare ribs.

3 Likes

I only have one thing to say to you: “Macbeth!”

I had a Teddy named Ralph because I threw up all over him.

3 Likes

We were playing a gig once (a horn band) and someone asked us if we knew “New York, New York.”

We all said, in unison, “no!” We had never discussed this.

1 Like

LOL, hysterical! ill send julio over to give your teeth a good clean!

2 Likes

Sounds like a good band. Ever heard the backwards-forwards version? Most elaborate putdown of a song in history…

I am going to get to wear chainmail in Madison Shakespeare Company’s production of Macbeth. I play Siward. It comes down to my knees, weighs about 40 pounds and is amazingly cool and reassuring.

2 Likes