@Terry4 - a stroke survivor

@Terry4, Sorry to hear this. I hope you have a smooth and speedy recovery.
I am sending prayers to you and your family.

6 Likes

Words and fingers are recovering. Iā€™m lucky. I can walk and the stroke symptoms are light. The support from all of you means a lot to me. Right side is weak.

36 Likes

Such good news, Terry. I am so glad to hear that you are recovering! We are all thinking of you and wishing you a complete recovery!

9 Likes

Good news, Terry. May you continue to recovery quickly and fully.

7 Likes

Hi Terry,

Glad to hear that the symptoms are light. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do everything required to give yourself the best possible recovery. I wish you luck - always something in short supply - and a quick and full recovery,

Maurie

7 Likes

I send my very best wishes to Terry for a full recovery. I am a very inarticulate poster but Terry responds so kindly and helpfully and I so appreciate it and I am sure that dozens if not hundreds have during your time here. I have no doubts you are doing your part and I am so hopeful that your body responds supremely well and that you have an excellent health team.

11 Likes

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!! In time youā€™ll get through this challenge.

6 Likes

Good that you are recovering. Is someone taking care of Norm for you?

4 Likes

Terry, weā€™ve never communicated directly before but when I notice that youā€™ve posted on a topics I almost always make a point of reading your thoughts.

Your comments are always thoughtful, informative and sensible. You contribute more than you know to this important group for many (hundreds, maybe thousands of) regular subscribers here.

Iā€™m so glad youā€™re recovering and I hope that youā€™ve managed to hold on the the level-headed attitude youā€™ve always shared sith us.

My father, a TD2 had a stroke 20 years ago got good treatment in the small Cdn city that was home and was able to recover very well. We did notice his sense of humour took a little twist. But when we teased him about it and heā€™d continue on and insist he was just as funny as ever.:blush:

I hope your recovery is just as smooth, if not even better. And I hope youā€™ll return to posting as soon as youā€™re able and tell us what youā€™ve learned from your latest experience,

Youā€™re important reading for me and Iā€™m sorry youā€™ve been away.

Like everyone else I was noticing your absence and assumed you were busy with something else.

Please keep posting when you can and let us know how your recovery is coming. I feel like my diabetes has been unfolding along with yours so please keep us informed.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery from all your virtual friends here.

This is one of my first postings here, so I hope this reaches you Terry.

With love and respect

Brenda

12 Likes

Norm has recently passed so all the more reason we now all need to send Terry our love, thoughts, and prayers for a speedy recovery.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for posting. It is so nice to see lurkers join in and let Terry know how important he is and has been to all of us. Terry and this forum welcomes all prolific posters, lurkers and all in between. We can always learn a lot from each other, and from time to time contribute something that will be beneficial to another member. - Thanks again.

6 Likes

Norm is still alive. Heā€™s with my daughter. Sorry for the confusion. Heā€™s 14 and limited in his activity but one of my activities. Heā€™s retired from service dog duty but still alerts to low blood sugar.

17 Likes

Welcome to posting. Not many post but stories like yours always amaze me! Glad my recent events prompted your participation.

7 Likes

Thank you so much for the correction - That is heartwarming to know

5 Likes

@Terry4 sorry to hear! Each of us goes through with our individual burden and I can imagine that this is a heavy one, and scary. Get well soon, knowing that a whole, somewhat anonymous, group of people are rooting for you.
Thank you for all that you have done here.

8 Likes

Hi Terry, I seldom post anymore but read everyoneā€™s posts everyday. Terry you may recall weā€™ve communicated several times. So glad you are on the road to recovery. Your posts are always so informative knowledgeable and well written. Canā€™t wait to read more when you are up to it.

7 Likes

Thanks for updating us, Terry. Iā€™m so relieved to hear that you are recovering. We are all sending good thoughts :pray: for a swift and full recovery.

7 Likes

@Terry4

Iā€™m greatly relieved to hear that you are recovering. We are all pulling for a quick and complete recovery for you.

Scary ā€¦

All the best!!!

John

7 Likes

Hope you recover well and quickly @Terry4. Youā€™ve been such an important contributor and friend to this community. ā€œStrokeā€ can mean so many things, but I do know of cases of near- to full-recovery (my brother, twice) that I am filled with a reasonable hope this is how it goes for you. Weā€™re sending you all the good vibes we can!

8 Likes

Oh thank goodness, I felt so bad for bringing up what I thought was a painful reminder during this difficult time for you.

4 Likes