Testing basel when pregnant

Hi guys,

I went on a pump in June after a horrible first pregnancy full of lows.
I fast occasionally to test my basel, as I was trained. I'm now 12 weeks preggers with my second.

However my endo had a canary this morning when I told him I had been fasting. Told me not to, that I'll know if my basel is correct by my before meal readings.

HOWEVER, as any of you pumpers know, its hard to known if it is the basel or the bolus is to blame for the lows.

Do any of you do short fast tests to check your basel? ( I am always cautious to avoid ketones needless to say)

My endo agrees with yours and I did not fast during pregnancy. If my blood sugar increased one or two hours after a meal, then I increased my bolus. For any other increases, I increased my basal. I ate on a schedule though, which helps a bit as then it doesn't matter as much which you are increasing if you are eating your meals around the same time each day (I know it still matters, but less so.).

Good luck!

I have never fasted for basal testing during my pregnancy - I would go off my post-prandial numbers for changes. If I shot up right away - I figured it was bolus but if I was OK two hours after but then shot up 3-4 hours after eating I knew it was my basal. I just couldn't do the fasting because I would be starving, head-achey, tired and nauseated and I didn't want to go there. But honestly if short fasts are treating you well I don't see why you can't do it.