Text from Medtronic?

I’m currently in a holding pattern to get a new pump. My doctor’s office submitted paperwork early last week, and I was told that a Medtronic person would contact me and set up training and all that… so far I’ve not heard from anyone.

Today I got a text message welcoming me to the Medtronic family and telling me to add Medtronic to my contacts. I guess this means that something has happened, right? Is this how Medtronic does things - text message as initial contact? I mean, I’m down with avoiding the phone whenever possible, but I just don’t know how to interpret this, and it’s after business hours so I can’t ask my doctor’s office now.

I tend to never give cell phone number to medical providers. Is it possible your doctors office has your cell, and passed it on to Medtronics with paperwork ?
Just let medtronic know to remove your cell contact, and give them the preferred way to contact you, phone or email.

It had to have been from the doctor, as I’ve not given Medtronic information because I haven’t heard from them yet. I don’t mind them having the cell (it’s my only phone); I’m just curious if this is how they usually initiate communication.

I am so sorry, but this is off topic.

I read this post because I am still on an Animas Pump. I have enough supplies to last for a very long time. However, I’m at a loss now if it breaks down. With Animas gone, there might only be 3 Pump manufacturers left.

1. Medtronics;
  2. Tandem; and
  3. OmniPod

Is this true? Please let me know.

I’m not sure - I used animas when i pumped while i was pregnant, but that has been several years ago now. I was sad that I couldn’t go back to them.

Hi bardowlatry!

Thanks for writing back. I am not a fan of Medtronics at all. I tried to go through them TWICE to get an insulin pump and both times just left a bad taste in my mouth. (As the phrase goes.)

Anyhow, I wish you much success in working with them (or at least trying to work with them) and managing your Diabetes.