Thanks

thanks to everyone who welcomed me to tudiabetes,and a special thank you to everybody who responded too my starting on insulin blog,it now looks like i may start a basal-bolus regime, after mixtard 30 is discontinued,can anbody tell me the positive or negative aspects of this insulin regime.

The regimen of MDI does act more like your body. You have the background insulin to work at keeping you level and you bolus with meals and for any corrections. It means typically more shots in a day but the control can be better and things can be a bit more flexible. It’s a little bit of an adjustment if you’re just to just a couple times a day but it makes eating and timing of meals a bit easier.

It’s pretty amazing how fast you get used to test, treat, eat, and you won’t even think about it. And the more I experiment the better I get at eyeballing carb servings wherever I go.

Using levimir ,novorapid and metformin,in increasing amounts,latest hba1c test higher than last test,nothing else changedcalled in to see the doctor and diabetic nurse,does anyone know what might be the problem.also taking thyroid hormone for underactive thyroid.