I’ve seen this meme popping up around the Internet, figured I’d give it a try…
1. What are the traditional favorites?
Turkey, stuffing, gravy, candied yams, cranberry sauce
2. What new recipes will you try this year?
Used a different recipe for whole wheat bread than I have in the past.
3. What part of the meal do you never compromise?
Turkey and stuffing. Has to be there, or it’s not Thanksgiving. And sweet potatoes (candied or not) and cranberry sauce.
4. Who gets to carve the turkey?
Growing up, it was the man of the house – whether that was my grandfather, my father, or the husband of whichever of the families with which we were sharing Thanksgiving. Between the two of us, me. Besides, I’m the one who bought the $100 Messermeister carving knife.
5. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room?
Growing up, turkey was carved before it was brought to the table. Children were pre-served, adults were served “family style”. The Other Half’s mom pre-plates food, but extra turkey and veggies remain on the stove or kitchen counter. I pre-carve the turkey, but we both serve ourselves from the cooking/baking containers.
6. How many will be at your table this year?
Just the two of us.
7. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?
Pumpkin or butternut squash, apple, pecan.
8. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay?
Yea. I grew up with the canned jellied kind, but I like making my own (whole-berry).
9. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?
It varies, but usually around suppertime. Later if it’s just the two of us and one or both of us is working late. Earlier if we’re both off and I’m making a turkey and it gets done too early.
10. Favorite leftover?
Stuffing with gravy. (What can I say? I’m a breadaholic.)